• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in Fivestar horsehide? 3 shades in progress..

Bombing IP

I do not understand that the jackets after ordered are being dispatched pronto to the clients ,but the info on the site is vague on whats available and price .Also what leather can we pick from .The Five Star Website is behind production model availability surely this is not good for business .Some one is working hard but the message is not getting out to the world ? .

Heisenberg

FreddyF9

Thanks! I've gotta say, I think the russet and the mid-brown look stunning. Seal brown's nice too - it all depends on what colors you like. :)

Well, it's accurate to almost any A-2 contract that had a depot re-dye. It's a bit dark for the original color of most A-2 jackets, including the 27752 (at least to my eye, looking at it through a computer screen), but it'll look perfect for a Great Escape A-2.
Thank you for your answer mulceber, I thought the same about that seal HH being maybe a bit too dark and all the three colors are great for a good A-2. Fact is that I really like dark colors, so I was wondering if I could get a HH A-2 in seal following the contract’s color combination! If it is not possible I guess I’ll follow your hint :)

jerome35

I've just sent to Shawn 3 zippers to make Werber ;)

zip.JPG
zip2.JPG

ausreenactor

I do not understand that the jackets after ordered are being dispatched pronto to the clients ,but the info on the site is vague on whats available and price .Also what leather can we pick from .The Five Star Website is behind production model availability surely this is not good for business .Some one is working hard but the message is not getting out to the world ? .

Heisenberg
They don't need to advertise.

FreddyF9

I guess my point makes no sense ,seems every one who replies to me gets likes . I must be expecting to much to have a company post prices and to list whats available .I will say no more !.

Jeff
No, I think you’re right, I remember that some guys already asked Shawn to update his website but he hasn’t done it yet. I guess that he is just too busy for now (as some fellow members already wrote). We can only wait and see!

PilatusPilot

I guess my point makes no sense ,seems every one who replies to me gets likes . I must be expecting to much to have a company post prices and to list whats available .I will say no more !.

Jeff
You know, I agree and disagree. You are definitely right that the site should be updated. However, I think that the members here appreciate Shawn's work so much that they don't care enough for the website. I think we care more for him to be able to keep making great yet affordable jackets. Other brands that charge well over 1000$ for each jacket, should definitely be on top of their game in every department. But when you charge an average of 250$ per jacket like Shawn does, I think we can let a few things slide. Well I can't speak for everybody.. but that's how I feel. If not giving enough time to the website, means giving more time to the jackets, I definitely don't have a problem with that.

mulceber

I tend to agree with you, Pilatus. It would be nice if Shawn updated the website, but even before, what with all the customizations you could do (size, leather, lining) that didn't have clearly explained prices, I always found that the listed prices for the jackets were more of a starting point anyways. I never treated them as a reliable guide, and so, now that they're way out of date, I'm not overly bothered that I have to ask Shawn what something will cost. It's what I was doing anyway. Others may feel different, but that's my $0.02.

PilatusPilot

I tend to agree with you, Pilatus. It would be nice if Shawn updated the website, but even before, what with all the customizations you could do (size, leather, lining) that didn't have clearly explained prices, I always found that the listed prices for the jackets were more of a starting point anyways. I never treated them as a reliable guide, and so, now that they're way out of date, I'm not overly bothered that I have to ask Shawn what something will cost. It's what I was doing anyway. Others may feel different, but that's my $0.02.
I always had a conspiracy in my head that it was made like that on purpose. So the average buyer looking for an a2 would just hop on the site, find a good size and buy it. And those who are true enthusiasts dig a little and find that there's some extras that you can ask Shawn. Maybe for cost saving purposes, that for those who are truly interested, they get the service, and for those who just want a basic jacket without hustle, they get to go through the simple website process. I'm sure that's not the reason, but I love to believe that hahahaha

mulceber

Good on you, Jerome. Worst case scenario, Shawn can have the zipper copied, and then he'll have enough for the Werber. Out of curiosity, have you managed to source the caramel knits that were so characteristic of the Werber A-2s?

leper-colony

Good on you, Jerome. Worst case scenario, Shawn can have the zipper copied, and then he'll have enough for the Werber. Out of curiosity, have you managed to source the caramel knits that were so characteristic of the Werber A-2s?
The knits on the example Shawn has seems a bit darker?