• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in Fivestar horsehide? 3 shades in progress..

Smithy

Love Poughkeepsies.

It's funny they get forgotten amidst the endless Aero and RW rigmarole. I haven't owned one but from photos both of originals and John's repros I think they look the absolutely mutt's nuts in terms of how they fit, collar shape, pocket shape, etc.

For my body shape they're also apparently a good choice.

Can't believe more people don't go for them. And they have the coolest name ;-)

mulceber

It's funny they get forgotten amidst the endless Aero and RW rigmarole. I haven't owned one but from photos both of originals and John's repros I think they look the absolutely mutt's nuts in terms of how they fit, collar shape, pocket shape, etc.

I suspect its because the contractors that are really popular are the ones that got multiple (or even a half dozen) contracts, since when this hobby was getting started, originals of those contracts were easier to come across and afforded collectors the opportunity to compare notes both within contracts and between contracts from a single manufacturer. There are your odd exceptions, like Star Sportswear, but it totally explains the popularity of RW, Dubow, Aero and Cable.

Smithy

I suspect its because the contractors that are really popular are the ones that got multiple (or even a half dozen) contracts, since when this hobby was getting started, originals of those contracts were easier to come across and afforded collectors the opportunity to compare notes both within contracts and between contracts from a single manufacturer. There are your odd exceptions, like Star Sportswear, but it totally explains the popularity of RW, Dubow, Aero and Cable.

Definitely Jan.

One of the things though apparently with the Poughkeepsie is that for the more "modern" guy's physique they're apparently a better choice than some of the others having more room in the shoulders/upper body and upper arms. A lot of guys today are carrying more heft in these areas than men back in the 40s for obvious reasons (more nutrition, many are involved in gym work, weight training).

As well as that, I just happen to think they look better than a lot of other contracts in fit photos ;-)

leper-colony

I would really enjoy a Poughkeepsie ANJ-4.

WingAndaPrayer

Personally I would like to see FiveStar come up with a lighter seal brown, something akin to this. The seal I had was more of a faded black.
DD1F812E-BA64-4392-BA70-66487FB0E99E.jpeg