• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone interested in Fivestar horsehide? 3 shades in progress..

mulceber

The earlier used a solid rivet while that later used a tubular rivet?

This one looks solid?

Both the 1933 (1729) and 1935 (1112P) have the solid rivet. Looking closely at the picture though, the zipper looks like an M-32 Talon, which was used on the earlier contract. So it sounds like it was identified correctly. That's a very rare jacket indeed - probably under 500 made, according to Eastman's guide.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 2.10.05 PM.png

81351FDC-27DE-48C0-BC33-E5F732DF3484.jpeg

leper-colony

I put one of Shawn's new leather pics into Paint.NET and let it auto-correct.

What does this mean? Dunno, probably nothing, I have no idea what the auto correct is basing anything on.

To me, with the Dubow development pics, they seemed a bit overall red to me. Not a complaint at all.

The middle color, which is the horse brown for the Dubow match, does now look more like the color of the Dubow goat I have.
Adjusted_color_new_leathers.jpg

Last edited:

flyincowboy

Got a seal brown A2 and had a russet one None of them in HHleather so mid brown will be a nice alternative for my next jacket.Have to choose from DUBOW . STAR. POUGHKEEPSIE.WICH ONE WILL BE THE BEST?

mulceber

Got a seal brown A2 and had a russet one None of them in HHleather so mid brown will be a nice alternative for my next jacket.Have to choose from DUBOW . STAR. POUGHKEEPSIE.WICH ONE WILL BE THE BEST?

If you don't already have a Star, I think they're an awesome contract with a great collar. That would be my vote. I'll be going for the Poughkeepsie just because I already have a Star by BK.

daw

Thanks for the update on HH selections. Will these be available very soon? My head's spinning with all the developments at Five* Leathers so can't keep it all straight; I'm sorry if this has be rehashed over and over, but does anyone know what is the timeline on availability of the Star and Poughkeepsie models?

mulceber

Hard to say. Shawn announced that he had received them a month or so ago. I'd assumed that the major holdup was in sourcing the horsehide. My guess is that we'll see the first of these jackets coming out of Five Star in the next few weeks, but I could be wrong.

daw

I must admit I look forward to the prospect of being able to purchase one of the new models especially since, as I understand, they're being built strictly around designs of originals which Shawn has studied.

flyincowboy

I must admit I look forward to the prospect of being able to purchase one of the new models especially since, as I understand, they're being built strictly around designs of originals which Shawn has studied.
We are in the same boat! Just wondering about leather thickness and get the right shade of brown