• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WWII German winter parkas

Smithy

Not bad, not bad at all Vic. And I think for outside work in cold and unpleasant weather you'll find it incredibly useful and practical.

I'm working this evening but will endeavour to take some photos of my ATF M1944 pattern one this coming weekend and post them here. Hopefully they'll help to add to the breadth of the thread and what's available out there in terms of repros.

Enigma1938

Well in the end no one can see what material is used as interlining as long as you are not entering an active battlefield, I'm sure some shell fragments or bullets will reveal the truth;)

Last edited:

Enigma1938

I'm interested to know this too.
In common repros you can just pull the belt out, at originals the belt is secured in the middle of the back with a few stitches.
You could also pull the belt to the correct size for your liking and just knot it up on both ends so it will hold up itself...

Kermit3D

Hi Kermit,
For the money it is a top notch replica parka, miltec or sturm ones are not even close in quality. They are heavy, good Isolated the cut is correct and most important the cloth is correct in thickness and structure. I have compared it with hundred of pictures of originals and I'm pleased (and I'm a nerd when it comes to accuracy)
Yes, Sm wholesale may be the better repro but I'm very satisfied with the one from nestof especially for that price.
You just have to check the sizes twice because this parkas are true to original sizes, and as you know they were originally meant to be worn over the Uniform so they are roomy.
And for the belt - I'm sure I still have enough material left from the Russian guys to send you a piece if desired.
I can take a few pics of mine when I'm back home in the evening.

Enigma, if you say it's a good parka, then I totally trust you. I know you're a precision nerd and you know what you're talking about.

It's funny...but things always seem to go like this:
1. I would like a practical parka to protect me from the cold and wind.
2. here are these German parkas that are really cool, the ww2 look will be a bonus.
3. I discuss with members of this forum
4. Ok I want a German parka as accurate as possible, the practicality and protection is secondary.

And here I am more enthusiastic than ever !

So I'm going to order the Nestof parka (in grey/brown without camouflage pattern). I think I'll take the size II which should fit well.

Regarding your proposal for drawstrings and the belt, I have to say it's very nice of you ! I'm interested, you'll tell me what price you want (plus shipping). Let's talk again in PM if you agree. :)

Kermit3D

having given it 24 hrs to paw over, and give it a washing machine once over, here is what I have to write. as previously written, the jacket arrived from the uk to my door in 2 days. Emma at sof was very helpful and prompt in answering my questions regarding sizing.. I can only compare the jacket to pix, as I have never handled an original. that said, the sof jacket looks to be spot on. the weight is appx 2 kilos [5 pounds], so it has heft without being cumbersome. the cotton twill material is a medium weight canvas type material, and feels as though it will have a long life of real wear. the stitching is tight, in line, and looks as though it will hold under stress. these jackets are over sized to some degree, presumably to go over lotsa gear. so, the size medium that I purchased will easily fit a size 40, 42, even a hefty size 42. the insy-outsy pocView attachment 84865View attachment 84864View attachment 84863View attachment 84862View attachment 84861View attachment 84860kets will need some getting used to, same with the belt. cinching the belt is easy but I will probably get some kind of quick release set up for the belt ends. since it is in the 40s early am I wore it outside and it would seem that the insulating interior blanket will work in colder weather. in order to wear the jacket in rain or snow, it will get the waterproof treatment that was recommended. my only beef, and minor one at that is the cheesy plastic white buttons on the whits side of the jacket. bfd. all in all I am delighted with this parka in terms of quality, fidelity to pix of originals, service, and fit. there are no tags on the jacket, anywhere, so I have no idea as to where it was made. some crappy pix, but you get the idea. btw: if sof made this parka in the marsh pattern, I would get one in a heart beat.
Not bad at all ! Thanks for sharing
I really like these camo patterns. Even if the accuracy is not 100%, this parka looks really good. Enjoy it

Silver Surfer

The belt is not stitched through in the back, and though I have not tried, I assume it can be pulled through. It is camo on one side and white on the other, and will go through holes on both sides of the front.

Enigma1938

Enigma, if you say it's a good parka, then I totally trust you. I know you're a precision nerd and you know what you're talking about.

It's funny...but things always seem to go like this:
1. I would like a practical parka to protect me from the cold and wind.
2. here are these German parkas that are really cool, the ww2 look will be a bonus.
3. I discuss with members of this forum
4. Ok I want a German parka as accurate as possible, the practicality and protection is secondary.

And here I am more enthusiastic than ever !

So I'm going to order the Nestof parka (in grey/brown without camouflage pattern). I think I'll take the size II which should fit well.

Regarding your proposal for drawstrings and the belt, I have to say it's very nice of you ! I'm interested, you'll tell me what price you want (plus shipping). Let's talk again in PM if you agree. :)
No payment needed.
I have a size 2 by myself but I'm not sure it will fit you because you are "slim", I don't want you to wear a party tent. Let's take a look at mine when I am home again. I can sent you measurements

B-Man2

A few online reviews about the nestof one.
And no, that's not me
I would like to know what the narrator is saying in the second You Tube but unfortunately I don’t speak German. That gear does look pretty good and I like the idea that it’s made out of the same type of cloth as the originals. Does anyone have any info on the type of blanket materials that were used in the originals Vs the repros. Thanks for posting the you tubes Enigma .

Kermit3D

No payment needed.
I have a size 2 by myself but I'm not sure it will fit you because you are "slim", I don't want you to wear a party tent. Let's take a look at mine when I am home again. I can sent you measurements

Yes it is not so easy to determine which size to choose. I'm thin but I'm tall (1m88), so I'm afraid that the sleeves of size 1 are too short...
I'm waiting for your pictures before ordering.

Kermit3D

I would like to know what the narrator is saying in the second You Tube but unfortunately I don’t speak German. That gear does look pretty good and I like the idea that it’s made out of the same type of cloth as the originals. Does anyone have any info on the type of blanket materials that were used in the originals Vs the repros. Thanks for posting the you tubes Enigma .
On this second video, according to the description on youtube, the store that sold this parka closed a few days ago due to serious health problems of the manager. :confused:
Here is the link to the store :

Enigma1938

On this second video, according to the description on youtube, the store that sold this parka closed a few days ago due to serious health problems of the manager. :confused:
Here is the link to the store :

I was a Zib customer for years, sad that his business stopped.
Even the link says that his Parka is a in-house development, it is the exact same jacket that nestof builds.

Kermit3D

I was a Zib customer for years, sad that his business stopped.
Even the link says that his Parka is a in-house development, it is the exact same jacket that nestof builds.
I was just comparing the "Nestof" parka and the "Zib" parka, and I suspected that they were the same.
I have the impression that the Zib jacket tends towards green while the Nestof jacket tends towards brown.

Enigma1938

The measurements of the size II are:

Sleeve lenght from shoulder seam to the end 58cm, Back length from neck seam to the end 74cm, armpit to armpit 66 cm.

20221021_175818.jpg
20221021_175532.jpg
20221021_175554.jpg
20221021_175610.jpg
20221021_175636.jpg
20221021_175713.jpg
20221021_175726.jpg
20221021_175746.jpg
20221021_175752.jpg
20221021_175811.jpg
20221021_175818.jpg

Last edited:

Enigma1938

The orange-brown spots appear brighter than they are, my shitty phone camera does that always when it comes to brown colors....

Kermit3D

Thanks so much for the photos, this parka looks awesome ! The quality seems impressive.
Is that the original belt on it in the pictures or the replacement one ?

I'm surprised by the length of the sleeves, it seems very short, 58 cm according to your measurements while the Nestof website announces 65 cm for size 2.

Enigma1938

I dunno where exactly they have taken the measurement. After inspecting my parka again I'm sure the size II is the most suitable for you.
The Belt is the replacement, the only correct one I was able to find in the whole wide web.
Have to change the sleeve straps too one day if I have the time.