• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ZuZu

GW Aero:

20230609_130349.jpg

Attachments

• 20230609_130349.jpg
    20230609_130349.jpg
    829.5 KB · Views: 47

ZuZu

Zu
That looks friggin awesome .
Tell us a little more about it.
It was a painted jacket I had. It was a 44 and back in the 70s the look was tight jackets with high jeans so I thought it was too big. (I was wearing size 40s back then sometimes a 42). The jacket was perfectly aged but it had ratty knits so I sewed stretchy elastic thread on the underside of the waistband:rolleyes: which was dumb. I ended up trading it for a blood chit which I still have. It was an Aero which seemed to me very different from the classy Bronco I had- it seemed way too baggy and droopy shouldered. TMI?

B-Man2

It was a painted jacket I had. It was a 44 and back in the 70s the look was tight jackets with high jeans so I thought it was too big. (I was wearing size 40s back then sometimes a 42). The jacket was perfectly aged but it had ratty knits so I sewed stretchy elastic thread on the underside of the waistband:rolleyes: which was dumb. I ended up trading it for a blood chit which I still have. It was an Aero which seemed to me very different from the classy Bronco I had- it seemed way too baggy and droopy shouldered. TMI?
Not at all … I’m guessing you probably wish you had that one back. What do you think that would be worth today ?

B-Man2

I do wish I had it back but I don't know what it would be worth. Lot's of things wrong with it.
Bad timing I guess …. 45 years later all those things wrong could probably be corrected by JC or Steve Sellers and the jacket would be a keeper for life. I’m thinking maybe we should have a thread about the jackets we wish we had back. I know I could post a shit load of them .

ZuZu

Bad timing I guess …. 45 years later all those things wrong could probably be corrected by JC or Steve Sellers and the jacket would be a keeper for life. I’m thinking maybe we should have a thread about the jackets we wish we had back. I know I could post a shit load of them .
Good idea! That jacket had beautiful aged leather with that perfect look- like Avirex was trying to capture with the "50 Mission Jackets".