• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

Not YOUR usual habitat Thomas, where are you visiting?

South of Germany ...

Since i'm back from the US i constantly travel from the south to the far North of Germany for work and sometimes i come across a patch of snow

These days the weather is not predictable any longer and spots where you haven't seen snow for decades are now having heavy snowfall but other areas where snow was "the normal" are simply "dreid out"

Enigma1938

You are right - usually not the kind of boots i wear in snow but was just a quick stoppover ...
A proper ww2 shoe combination for such conditions would be that:
18540000-3__65850.jpg
mux1006__1_1_1024x1024.jpg

Rough Out service boots with arctic over boots.

Chandler

South of Germany ...

Since i'm back from the US i constantly travel from the south to the far North of Germany for work and sometimes i come across a patch of snow

These days the weather is not predictable any longer and spots where you haven't seen snow for decades are now having heavy snowfall but other areas where snow was "the normal" are simply "dreid out"
Sounds very much like here.

Smithy

You can even get strap on cleats here. For the hardcore.

You need them here from time to time. We get a hell of a lot of wind which polishes the ice to mirror finish (speilis). I needed them the other day for work as there was 4 inches thick mirror ice. Also use heavier duty ones when we go up into the mountains over the colder months.

Pa12

Reminds of when I was kid living in town. After a good ice storm the streets were full of kids skating on the streets. Back when I was a builder, my go to boots for steel barn roofs was a pair of Clark’s desert boots with gum soles. On a hot steal roof they stuck like shit to a blanket ;)