• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Kermit3D

Ohhhhh ……John …. Blaspheme :oops:
Joe’s in Torresdale?…. Noooooo…..;)
Jim’s on South Street was a contender to Pats and Geno’s but that burnt down … and eating on the street is part of the ambiance and mystic of the experience at those places.
I’ll never forget eating outside as a teen and finding the dead flies in the cherry peppers, relish , mustard and ketchup glass tankard jars sitting on the shelf outside by the tables . You can’t match those types of experiences sitting at a restaurant table in Torresdale Pa. :)

Meanwhile, somewhere in the French countryside... :D

entertainment

Ohhhhh ……John …. Blaspheme :oops:
Joe’s in Torresdale?…. Noooooo…..;)
Jim’s on South Street was a contender to Pats and Geno’s but that burnt down … and eating on the street is part of the ambiance and mystic of the experience at those places.
I’ll never forget eating outside as a teen and finding the dead flies in the cherry peppers, relish , mustard and ketchup glass tankard jars sitting on the shelf outside by the tables . You can’t match those types of experiences sitting at a restaurant table in Torresdale Pa. :)
I think there better be a VLJ meet up in Philly with jackets, cheesesteaks, and an Eagles game. Definitely worth a flight from Florida, Norway, and wherever else!

Wz1999

ELC 23380
8E8D9391-5781-4E58-8494-04EAB87C18BF.jpeg

E072EAE0-4BB1-476D-97CE-273094694B58.jpeg

Pa12

Yes, correct, Model A, but a 1928 :) Brown steering-wheel and you can barely see the handbrake on the left side, not in the middle which came later
Nice. A roadster I assume. Couple of model A parts were used on small aircraft in the 40’s. Your fuel guage was used on aeronca aircraft and most of the pipers used model A window crank handles for elevator trim handles.

Tattoo A2

Just got this Roughwear 1401P in cowhide yesterday from JC at Goodwear leather. He was nice enough to contact me after seeing me posting on here. Havent had contact in many years, but he is still a true gentleman. Made this one for himself and asked if I was interested...what do you think, I love it, the hide has plenty of grain, tough as nails , but soft as butter. It was finally my lucky day.
thumbnail (42).jpg
thumbnail (44).jpg

Wz1999

Just got this Roughwear 1401P in cowhide yesterday from JC at Goodwear leather. He was nice enough to contact me after seeing me posting on here. Havent had contact in many years, but he is still a true gentleman. Made this one for himself and asked if I was interested...what do you think, I love it, the hide has plenty of grain, tough as nails , but soft as butter. It was finally my lucky day.View attachment 82803View attachment 82804
Looking sharp! Congrats!

ausreenactor

Just got this Roughwear 1401P in cowhide yesterday from JC at Goodwear leather. He was nice enough to contact me after seeing me posting on here. Havent had contact in many years, but he is still a true gentleman. Made this one for himself and asked if I was interested...what do you think, I love it, the hide has plenty of grain, tough as nails , but soft as butter. It was finally my lucky day.View attachment 82803View attachment 82804
How do the sleeves feel? Jacket looks great.

Tattoo A2

How do the sleeves feel? Jacket looks great.
They sleeves are also that nice soft leather, the cowhide is almost like the grain on goatskin. JC is a bit smaller in the chest than me so the armpits were a little tight, but after getting it soak in a downpour yesterday and wearing it for hours it feels 100% better. John said this one was chrome tanned leather of some sort and once it stretches it will stay that way. The best part is I didnt have to wait a year or more.

ES335

Really, you can't ask for better. Congrats on the score!