• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Happy Hooligan

I bought a new A2 a month ago during the Aero Apprentice Sale. Super Jerky HH and it's really breaking in nicely. I assume they found enough cut offs and scraps for one jacket for an Apprentice to make. Probably close to some of the originals by using every bit they had to make one more.

IMG_8467.JPG
IMG_8468.JPG

Dany McDonald

Depending on which version/contract Mccoy and BR can be very close to originals. Especially Mccoy older and amazing Reed/American Pad L-2 with NOS Crown M-48, Pritzker & Sons L-2A and Blue Anchor L-2B for example, all using dead-stock 50's zips!

If you are into details, try to put your hands on earlier Mccoy L-2's, you will be amazed at the attention to details.

D

WingAndaPrayer

I’m going to be having a star sportswear from FiveStar in 2-3 weeks time. After much deliberation and tire kicking in regards to norshor, QMI, AVI, and Aero I’ve decided to go with what I know.
Does anyone have the star from them? I don’t recall seeing any reviews of that contract on here?

mulceber

I’m going to be having a star sportswear from FiveStar in 2-3 weeks time. After much deliberation and tire kicking in regards to norshor, QMI, AVI, and Aero I’ve decided to go with what I know.
Does anyone have the star from them? I don’t recall seeing any reviews of that contract on here?

The Star is a fairly generous contract in the shoulders, but with rather high arm holes and tight around the belly. It's also shorter, both in the sleeve length and back length that most other contracts. Very much a contract that was made for 18 year old boys 80 years ago.

Last edited:

WingAndaPrayer

What about one of Shawn's Rough Wears, or a Poughkeepsie? Both of those contracts are known for being comfortable in the torso, iirc, and Shawn was able to take his patterns for both of them from originals.
Yeah I considered a RW, but a friend has one and he said it was tight across the upper back area. So that kinda dissuaded me from getting one. And I’ve had a Poughkeepsie and dubow from FiveStar. The dubow was a more comfortable fit then the Poughkeepsie. It had better range of motion in the arms and not as tight across the upper back. But the Poughkeepsie was more roomy in the torso. I’m also down a full 87 pounds from when I had both jackets, so I’m willing to bet any of them will be a better fit now. I like the look of the star and dubow the best, so I’ve decided on another dubow. I informed Shawn to go with that one. It’s a known commodity and I’m going for what I know will be a comfortable fit.

CombatWombat

My "car coat" that I've just had relined....
Beautiful leather on it with little "diamond" conmar pulls on the pockets and a conmar "bell" pull for the main
I find it fits well and the bi-swing back is fantastic
After the Windward jacket that didn't fit right I was hesitant about the style but this one really fits well though I'll have to find a way to" flatten" the pocket flaps.
IMG_20220904_140201.jpg
IMG_20220904_140241.jpg