• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ES335

It's a full custom design / pattern. I used various design features from vintage and repro aviator jackets and combined them into one design. The ball and chain chest zipper is a 30s original, as are the corozo buttons (I hand dyed them to match the color of the jacket).

Design inspiration:

View attachment 82703View attachment 82704

The end result:

View attachment 82705View attachment 82706

Note the handwarmer pocket behind the d pocket

View attachment 82708

View attachment 82707

ES335

It's a full custom design / pattern. I used various design features from vintage and repro aviator jackets and combined them into one design. The ball and chain chest zipper is a 30s original, as are the corozo buttons (I hand dyed them to match the color of the jacket).

Design inspiration:

View attachment 82703View attachment 82704

The end result:

View attachment 82705View attachment 82706

Note the handwarmer pocket behind the d pocket

View attachment 82708

View attachment 82707
I'm drawn to that great looking left hand pocket, Marc. Such an unusual design.

Smithy

View attachment 82742View attachment 82743
My old neighborhood
9th and Wharton St. :)
In South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
For our international brothers
Pats Steaks is the original home of what’s known as the “ Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich “. If you’ve ever had one ( pictured above ) in your home country , well this place is where it all started back around 1930.View attachment 82741
View attachment 82744

Last I heard is Paul here is still trying to nail the bread "like back home" ;-)

You and him had that hilarious conversation about Pats and Genos via me on Whatsapp!

Last edited:

entertainment

Last I heard is Paul here is still trying to nail the bread "like back home" ;-)

You and him had that hilarious conversation about Pats and Genos via me on Whatsapp!
No offense to any members, but Pat's and Geno's are both terrible. Joe's Steaks in Torresdale (which used to have a racist name) is much better. And you don't have to eat on the street. Or Steve's Prince of Steaks on Bustleton. Pat's and Geno's are just for tourists these days.

CombatWombat

Cooled off here today and started to feel like autumn/fall is on her way. Had the 1st gen AVI Bronco on for a wee while. Sorry old photo but you get the drift...

X9k6cro.jpg

Also had the Service Shoes out...

4KyYIvy.jpg
Ohh I love the service shoes.... look "smoother" than my Dutch M57 boots

Chandler

The give away is what I previously described. With number of fords I’ve restored, I don’t need a fuckin plate to tell me what it is
Buddy, reign it in. Having a bad day? It's just a discussion on an internet forum, no need to get fuckin bent outta shape. You must be very proud of your expertise. :rolleyes:

CombatWombat

Guys guys guys....... we're all socially adjusted adults here with hobbies that our significant others would skin us alive over how much it costs.....
Can't we just commiserate over our crippling addiction to leather and how shite Headwind MFG with refunds and communication

Pa12

Buddy, reign it in. Having a bad day? It's just a discussion on an internet forum, no need to get fuckin bent outta shape. You must be very proud of your expertise. :rolleyes:
Having a great day. But snarky little comments like that seem to be frequent on this forum and that’s the reason I’ve abstained from it for a while. Think I’ll return to that state. Over and out.

B-Man2

No offense to any members, but Pat's and Geno's are both terrible. Joe's Steaks in Torresdale (which used to have a racist name) is much better. And you don't have to eat on the street. Or Steve's Prince of Steaks on Bustleton. Pat's and Geno's are just for tourists these days.
Ohhhhh ……John …. Blaspheme :oops:
Joe’s in Torresdale?…. Noooooo…..;)
Jim’s on South Street was a contender to Pats and Geno’s but that burnt down … and eating on the street is part of the ambiance and mystic of the experience at those places.
I’ll never forget eating outside as a teen and finding the dead flies in the cherry peppers, relish , mustard and ketchup glass tankard jars sitting on the shelf outside by the tables . You can’t match those types of experiences sitting at a restaurant table in Torresdale Pa. :)

Last edited:

Chandler

Having a great day. But snarky little comments like that seem to be frequent on this forum and that’s the reason I’ve abstained from it for a while. Think I’ll return to that state. Over and out.
Sorry, but you really misinterpreted my observing the dash plate as snarky (so much so, that I guess you had to reply twice -- dropping the F bomb for emphasis). It wasn't. End of discussion.