• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

It's a full custom design / pattern. I used various design features from vintage and repro aviator jackets and combined them into one design. The ball and chain chest zipper is a 30s original, as are the corozo buttons (I hand dyed them to match the color of the jacket).

Design inspiration:

View attachment 82703View attachment 82704

The end result:

View attachment 82705View attachment 82706

Note the handwarmer pocket behind the d pocket

View attachment 82708

View attachment 82707

I'm generally not a big cross zip guy but that's a doozy and the fit is absolutely and utterly like a laser on point.

Smithy

Cooled off here today and started to feel like autumn/fall is on her way. Had the 1st gen AVI Bronco on for a wee while. Sorry old photo but you get the drift...

X9k6cro.jpg

Also had the Service Shoes out...

4KyYIvy.jpg

Smithy

Is that the goat in russet @Smithy ?

This is actually the seal Stew.

This is a first gen AVI Bronco and the colour is a really beautiful dark milk chocolate shade. One of the nicest I've seen, and yup it's goat.

The colour on these first generation AVI seal Broncos is IMO the best colour they did. It's a shade or two darker than what I captured in that snap. I'll see if I can take a better pic to show the colour.

YoungMedic

It's a full custom design / pattern. I used various design features from vintage and repro aviator jackets and combined them into one design. The ball and chain chest zipper is a 30s original, as are the corozo buttons (I hand dyed them to match the color of the jacket).

Design inspiration:

View attachment 82703View attachment 82704

The end result:

View attachment 82705View attachment 82706

Note the handwarmer pocket behind the d pocket

View attachment 82708

View attachment 82707
Yeah super cool concept and well executed. Great jacket!

London Cabbie

This is actually the seal Stew.

This is a first gen AVI Bronco and the colour is a really beautiful dark milk chocolate shade. One of the nicest I've seen, and yup it's goat.

The colour on these first generation AVI seal Broncos is IMO the best colour they did. It's a shade or two darker than what I captured in that snap. I'll see if I can take a better pic to show the colour.
Agree, lovely looking jacket.

entertainment

I played one season American Football at uni as a break from rugby and I've loved it ever since. Coach was from Philly and my favourite sandwich is a Philly cheesesteak so there was only one team I could follow ;)
I was about to buy a Malcom Jenkins jersey a few years ago, but luckily I procrastinated because the Eagles traded him a few months later. Unfortunately, I still have my Antonio Brown jersey. The Steelers are my first love, but my wife likes the Eagles so they are my second team. Fortunately, the Eagles and Steelers are not really rivals despite their proximity. And cheesesteaks are the best. Luckily we are not far from Philly.

Smithy

I was about to buy a Malcom Jenkins jersey a few years ago, but luckily I procrastinated because the Eagles traded him a few months later. Unfortunately, I still have my Antonio Brown jersey. The Steelers are my first love, but my wife likes the Eagles so they are my second team. Fortunately, the Eagles and Steelers are not really rivals despite their proximity. And cheesesteaks are the best. Luckily we are not far from Philly.

Nice one and especially your wife is on point, Go Birds ;)

B-Man2

9B55779C-79ED-4776-8857-FE0DAB4CF300.jpeg
7D9B5DD2-778B-41CF-B273-BD875EE9F640.jpeg

My old neighborhood
9th and Wharton St. :)
In South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
For our international brothers
Pats Steaks is the original home of what’s known as the “ Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich “. If you’ve ever had one ( pictured above ) in your home country , well this place is where it all started back around 1930.
2DC2D49F-AAF9-4CDF-A84A-C707E576E1C3.jpeg

23604CF7-649F-485F-8830-DE8A94D9FEBD.gif

Last edited:

ausreenactor

A
View attachment 82742View attachment 82743
My old neighborhood
9th and Wharton St. :)
In South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
For our international brothers
Pats Steaks is the original home of what’s known as the “ Philadelphia Cheese Steak Sandwich “. If you’ve ever had one ( pictured above ) in your home country , well this place is where it all started back around 1930.View attachment 82741
View attachment 82744
Cheesesteak..

Dodged it at the DFAC for the whole deployment then tried it... Hooked!