• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

busdrivermike

Hey hey , peoples on this oh so fine day as I zip around some backroads on
My Honda I’m in my schott perfecto, yes the liner was replaced, when I got
The jacket a few years ago it smelled like the inside of 70s car trunk in hot humid
Weather and was stiff, it took some TLC , 6 treatments of pecards as the first four
Just absorbed before you could actually rub them in but now it’s fairly supple
I haven’t worn it in a while as I got a little to big but I put some work in and its
Back in the rotation
157AFE83-5AB0-42B0-9231-53311539430E.jpeg
66190FFA-B7B0-495C-8C7D-F582A6B25103.jpeg
FAD9C548-1A94-485C-9232-2F6E747FFD7E.jpeg
44FC07EE-8228-4A1D-BB86-24A5D132D8CC.jpeg

YoungMedic

Hey hey , peoples on this oh so fine day as I zip around some backroads on
My Honda I’m in my schott perfecto, yes the liner was replaced, when I got
The jacket a few years ago it smelled like the inside of 70s car trunk in hot humid
Weather and was stiff, it took some TLC , 6 treatments of pecards as the first four
Just absorbed before you could actually rub them in but now it’s fairly supple
I haven’t worn it in a while as I got a little to big but I put some work in and its
Back in the rotation
View attachment 80907View attachment 80908View attachment 80909View attachment 80910
Looking Good Mike!

Dany McDonald

Hello,

Oil skin or wax cotton today, vintage very late 70's/early 80's Trialmaster Professional. It was in bad shape when I acquired it, musty smell, dirty and pretty waxless all over. Did my tricks on it and now it's one of my favorite in the Belstaff collection.

Prep for an early sunday morning cool ride and actually trying to avoid the traffic...

Trialmaster-Professionnal.jpg

D

B-Man2

Hello,

Oil skin or wax cotton today, vintage very late 70's/early 80's Trialmaster Professional. It was in bad shape when I acquired it, musty smell, dirty and pretty waxless all over. Did my tricks on it and now it's one of my favorite in the Belstaff collection.

Prep for an early sunday morning cool ride and actually trying to avoid the traffic...

View attachment 80931

D
Dany
That’s one of the best all around jackets ever made IMO, either the Belstaff that you’re wearing or the Barbour International. Yours looks like a perfect fit on you .

Dany McDonald

Burt,

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, those that did wear Belstaff or Barbour do enjoy the practicality, feel and look. For sure modern motorcycle jackets are made with better material (technical and lightweight). But wax cotton being what it is, still feels good and fun to wear and that vintage look!

The belstaff actually fits a bit like a WW2 Airborne jumper, with the belt, pockets and the Barbour like a Denison smock in my opinion... (I know I am pushing it!!! ;) )

Dany.

B-Man2

Burt,

Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, those that did wear Belstaff or Barbour do enjoy the practicality, feel and look. For sure modern motorcycle jackets are made with better material (technical and lightweight). But wax cotton being what it is, still feels good and fun to wear and that vintage look!

The belstaff actually fits a bit like a WW2 Airborne jumper, with the belt, pockets and the Barbour like a Denison smock in my opinion... (I know I am pushing it!!! ;) )

Dany.
Dany
I’ve had mine for several years. It’s my second one. Back in the 1969-70s I used my first one as a trail riding and enduro riding jacket . I’d come home covered in mud from head to toe, and all I had to do was take the jacket off and hang it up and hose it off. Once it dried it was ready to go again. Now a days, when I go to colder climates where it could snow, I wear it over an A2 jacket with a heavy sweatshirt or sweater and Im good to go, rain, snow, sleet or hail!.
Cheers

Dany McDonald

Burt, so you really did wear a Belstaff for trail riding when it was the "jacket" to ride before motocross was invented! Man another interesting anecdote.

The earliest I can share about motocross is when CanAm was introduced. Beside the usual trail riding, we had some hill climbing competition near my home and some neighbours would ride the streets at full blast going to the start point... Man they were so loud!

Thank you for sharing!

Dany