• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Flightengineer

Perfect, fit, blousing etc…Platon Dubow..?

Sure! Platon actually created a wonderful and great jacket.
This beauty temporarily supplanted all the others jackets now, it accompanies me everywhere in suitable weather and my beautiful warhorse ELC is a little sad in the closet (and probably thinks that I decided to sell her...who knows).
The more I wear this jacket, the more it wear out, relax and become more like the original. I'll take some photos at the end of the season before winter.

Last edited:

Nickb123

I sold my Aero A-2 with rust red knits. My honest thoughts are that the smell is actually up there with Shinki. No complaints with the leather itself. The dark seal Vic was beautiful. You can really tell it’s a high quality tannage. Construction was top notch. However, it was just a tad too thick/stiff to be comfortable. In turn the look of it suffers as the drape is affected. The ELC Werber is pretty stiff too but that’s the nature of hit off the press vegetable tanned leather. I’m sure the Aero would have broken in in time but I needed a quick sale to get out of a gambling hole.

Micawber

GW Perry. Still tweaking the colour of this one...

IMG_20210826_120042_516~2_resize_2.jpg

London Cabbie

I sold my Aero A-2 with rust red knits. My honest thoughts are that the smell is actually up there with Shinki. No complaints with the leather itself. The dark seal Vic was beautiful. You can really tell it’s a high quality tannage. Construction was top notch. However, it was just a tad too thick/stiff to be comfortable. In turn the look of it suffers as the drape is affected. The ELC Werber is pretty stiff too but that’s the nature of hit off the press vegetable tanned leather. I’m sure the Aero would have broken in in time but I needed a quick sale to get out of a gambling hole.
Agree, I’m happy to take time and break in. Gambling hole AND Flight jackets…Wooahh!!

Hobbstc

Can’t wait to wear my GW. But it’s still over 90deg every day here. Keep sending the great pics, I’m living vicariously through you all!

mulceber

Can’t wait to wear my GW. But it’s still over 90deg every day here. Keep sending the great pics, I’m living vicariously through you all!

Here in Michigan it's unfortunately not much better. Feels like it's been 88 or higher every day this week. I would hate that kind of weather under the best of circumstances, but this hobby has made summer my least favorite season of the year.

Last edited: