• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

I am about the same size as you but I usually wear a size 38. Does that mean that the JA Dubow A2 fits especially small? Because I saw a 42 size tag on yours. Great looking fit and color on you!

Like most original A-2s, BK and Platon A-2 jackets are very fitted. the ordinary rule of thumb is that you should order one size up. A size 42 is the best size for anyone with either a 39" or 40" chest (99-101 cm).

Brettafett

I am about the same size as you but I usually wear a size 38. Does that mean that the Platon Dubow A2 fits especially small? Because I saw a 42 size tag on yours. Great looking fit and color on you!
As Jan said, Platon's jackets, like BKs, ELC, GW, Aero etc... are meticulously copied from original WWII jackets, so the sizes are spot on.
And generally speaking you'd size one up from your chest size. But that would very much depend on your body type, age, etc...
These jackets were originally made for young men in their prime, who'd pass all the physicals back in the early 1940s...

Also, these jackets simply can't be compared with other, more generic, modern day jackets either, with sizes all over the spectrum.
The reason I asked about his height, was that at 5'10 I find the std 42 Dubow a touch short in the body. However, with a 40" chest, the size 42 fits perfect in all other respects.
If you're a 38 chest and 5'8, you'd likely find a 40 Dubow would do you well.
I actually got to try on a BK Dubow (exactly the same pattern as Platon's) size 40 and I could zip it up, but it was too trim, and too short.

London Cabbie

I am about the same size as you but I usually wear a size 38. Does that mean that the Platon Dubow A2 fits especially small? Because I saw a 42 size tag on yours. Great looking fit and color on you!
You need to go one size up, is the general advice. I normally take a 40 went 42 Dubow after a lot of advice. The Website will recommend you a size 38, but go 40. Snug with a sweatshirt, tiny bit loose with a T shirt...Broken in you won’t even know you are wearing it, like a glove. The wider armholes make it extremely comfortable and the collar sits low out of the way.

B-Man2

You need to go one size up, is the general advice. I normally take a 40 went 42 Dubow after a lot of advice. The Website will recommend you a size 38, but go 40. Snug with a sweatshirt, tiny bit loose with a T shirt...Broken in you won’t even know you are wearing it, like a glove. The wider armholes make it extremely comfortable and the collar sits low out of the way.
Pretty good advice .

busdrivermike

Well a beautiful sunny but COLD -24c Sunday , dropped to a frigid -29c by the time I got done
carrying out the honey do list
Thankfully it’s basically perfectly calm so it’s not horrible in the sun but when the sun dropped

My fingertips got cold enough to make the phone screen not recognize them as fingers
As I stopped to take a pic using my gloves to balance the phone, my lower lip temporarily stuck
To the jackets zipper when I was looking down at my phone, in the pic you can see my
Red finger tips

99EECD3C-1929-4141-BFB5-C201FC3ED113.jpeg

Kermit3D

Well a beautiful sunny but COLD -24c Sunday , dropped to a frigid -29c by the time I got done
Thankfully it’s basically perfectly calm so it’s not horrible in the sun but when the sun dropped

My fingertips got cold enough to make the phone screen not recognize them as fingers
As I stopped to take a pic using my gloves to balance the phone, my lower lip temporarily stuck
To the jackets zipper when I was looking down at my phone, in the pic you can see my
Red finger tips

View attachment 52706

If I may ask, where do you live ? It's damn cold ! :oops:

Enigma1938

Red finger tips

View attachment 52706

That satchel looks great, what is it?

Bombing IP

London Cabbie great jacket ,I think you could of gone down a size it looks big across the shoulders and the body .Unless you want so you can layer underneath may be or you need it that way for unrestricted movement while driving . Just my personal opinion most would disagree ,I like to see the shoulder seam on top of the arm not drooping .

BIP