• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Nickb123

27752; a little color enhancement. Sorry for the bad attire otherwise.
52EBCE69-E7DD-4D56-B098-A02C67098D6E.jpeg

Nickb123

Greetings feom Chernob...err...my hometown. It’s up north in the mountains, so until now it’s been A-2 weather...indoors. But now we had a warm fromt so I could take my new Bk outside finally.
+Epic militaria roughouts, Levis 512, Bronson C-2 and an original jeep scarf.

View attachment 52426

Be sure to bring your Willis & GEIGER counter haha. Anyone hear of that phenomenon, where there are actually a handful of folks still living there?

Thomas Koehle

There’s been some discussion regarding hook deck jackets, so today I decided to wear my ATF fleece lined hook deck jacket, that I made into a tribute jacket to complement an original M-422A jacket I’ve had for a while . The M-422A is named to a USN pilot that I was able to research and found that he had flown off of the USS Princeton CVL 23, a small aircraft carrier that was sunk in the battle of the Leyte Gulf . Here are some photos of the tribute jacket , the M-422A and the USS Princeton CVL-23 .

View attachment 52360View attachment 52361View attachment 52365View attachment 52367View attachment 52366

Burt,

that deck-jacket really fits

Like those markings

B-Man2

Quick question, Goatskin.
Vaseline or Lanolin...?
For future reference.
I would ask how old is the jacket? . If the jacket is less than 10 years old , I wouldn’t put anything on it . Keep in mind that there are G-1 goatskin jackets from the 1960s out here today that have never had any treatments applied to them, and they are fine. FYI I have an M-422A from WWII that has never had anything put on the jacket .

London Cabbie

I would ask how old is the jacket? . If the jacket is less than 10 years old , I wouldn’t put anything on it . Keep in mind that there are G-1 goatskin jackets from the 1960s out here today that have never had any treatments applied to them, and they are fine. FYI I have an M-422A from WWII that has never had anything put on the jacket .
Thanks Burt, it doesn’t need it at all except where the leather has been scraped in one or two tiny places leaving the leather exposed.

Smithy

Quick question, Goatskin.
Vaseline or Lanolin...?
For future reference.

As Burt says if it's less than 10 years old it won't need anything unless it's been subjected to extreme temperature variations, and with that that means serious minus temps and positives over 35 C. And such variation is super rare. TBH a jacket shouldn't need conditioning for years and years and years.

In terms of conditioning don't overthink it with what you use. Just use something reputable which has a solid reputation and also won't go rancid. For example I've been using RM Williams saddle dressing since Adam was a cowboy and use it on anything and everything leather including jackets and I swear by the stuff. But there's lots of other good stuff too, Peckards, people rave about good old Vaseline although I haven't tried it.

Thanks Burt, it doesn’t need it at all except where the leather has been scraped in one or two tiny places leaving the leather exposed.

Also, regular normal day to day scrapes on leather don't require conditioning.

busdrivermike

^ No gloves?
They’re in the car staying warm :p , I actually had my finger tips go
Numb in The time it took to walk across the parking lot from the
Store in the background to where I took the picture and get back to the car

Last edited: