• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Micawber

Old bloke, ELC RW B-3, Jeep complete with rebuilt transmission off on a jolly to top it up with fifty quids worth of E5. First refuel since the transmission went "clunk, clunk bang 2nd gear only for you chum" type noises back in August.
Chilly photo op at the 96th BG H memorial which is local to yours truly....
No idea why this phone camera makes the Jeep OD appear shiny as it isn't IRL.

IMG_20230118_131406_(1700_x_2000_pixel).jpg

John Luder

looks very authentic, stencilled on quickly, piece work one would assume... here's my H&L Block M422A, I think they were the only maker to use yellow on the USN.... is that correct ?
Sorry, but I haven't the foggiest notion about manufacturers. I saw an old white stencil and a dirty yellow stencil on jackets on our site. I simply went with the yellow as an "artistic" choice. A bit more eye-catching when I turn up the collar.
Yours is a nice guide, thanks for showing that.
"Authentic" hahaha. Re-enactors; the bane of a costumer's and director's existence. They are good about muzzle discipline, though. More than that pathological liar and well-known killer, alex baldweener.
When I do up a kit for something, my guide is, it doesn't have to be authentic, it just has to look right. Like the false fronts on the set of a western town.
Cheers

London Cabbie

Yes imdeed! A great day was had by all. I had the good fortune to spend some time with the one and only "B-Man" himself and he took me through his incredible collection of jackets. What a terrific steward he is for these great pieces of history and I'll tell ya my jacket knowledge went up exponentially today just being able to experience the lovely examples Burt takes care of. He even let me try on a few so here is a very cool patched Cable from the 10008 contract. Thanks Burt! You are THE man.

View attachment 93783

View attachment 93785
100% Agree!

mulceber

Apparently Fred won't go for a walk unless the leash is handmade by John. Burt tried with an ELC leash but Fred was unimpressed, peed on it and walked away ;-)
I think Fred's made his position very clear: Eastman leashes are over-priced, and while we can all agree that the materials they use are very nice, Fred would rather have a leash made for the dog who's going to be wearing it. :p