• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

coolhandluke

Headwind / Greatest Generation W&G M-422A...

20221213_152849.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

P
super jackets - hey that headwind looks amazing!!!

Thanks! Not sure whether I should have called it a Headwind as it's one of Steve's jackets that was originally sold through Headwind's website.

The hide on that one looks very nice and the fit is spot on.
D

The jacket is a tank...definitely heavy enough to use in colder weather than my A2's typically see. The hide has tons of character, albeit a little on the shiny side. It still has a little bit of that pungent goat smell going on. Can't say that I'm a huge fan of the scent.

Last edited:

Dany McDonald

The jacket is a tank...definitely heavy enough to use in colder weather than my A2's typically see. The hide has tons of character, albeit a little on the shiny side. It still has a little bit of that pungent goat smell going on. Can't say that I'm a huge fan of the scent.

The shine doesn't bother me at all actually and my original LW Foster 7823 still has a lot of a shine compared to other USN originals I have. It will most probably fade but retain its beauty.

I am not familiar with that goat smell that others have also reported here in the past with some jackets.... It seems frustrating and take away the joy out of a jacket...

Dany

Dany McDonald

Its funny how the last image looks a lot like my home town even if its an ocean apart.

It sure looks like a beautiful place to exist.

Thank you for sharing, its appreciated!

Dany

Last edited: