• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Chandler

It is a good match for sure. Do you know if they were still in service at the time of the Korean war?

D
Sorry, I don't know -- but there were certainly a lot of items still being issued from stores. I have my father's 1942 HBT jacket that was issued to him in 1953.

Always wondered why it had buttons under the collar -- turned out to be the HBT variant that was fitted with the gas flap (removed after WW2) and buttons for the gas hood to be attached.

Flightengineer

Great to see you could get the parka off Dmitry. After a week of nothing warmer than a high of between -8 and -10 (that's the highs BTW campers), it suddenly shot up to 0 today - pure bliss.

One of these days I'll take a photo of me wearing something, I promise.

Tim, I got off parka, as you can see, only in the museum where it’s +22 C inside :) Everything is unchanged outside, winter/frost/huge snowdrifts. So my parka was waiting for me in the museum's cloack room while I looked at the spacesuits and rockets.

Micawber

ELC A-10's and a BR LSL Garment Co B-10 :)

IMG_20221216_091943.jpg

John Luder

ELC A-10's and a BR LSL Garment Co B-10 :)

View attachment 89143
Very nice looking jacket. The knit looks pretty good, could be a tad browner. I'll have to dig my father's B-15 out of the cedar chest and send a photo taken in daylight.
You're in East Anglia, home base of Jimmy Stewart during the War. Can you identify this patch? Have you seen any like it in the local musea?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 11.02.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 11.02.07 AM.png
    133 KB · Views: 100

Micawber

Very nice looking jacket. The knit looks pretty good, could be a tad browner. I'll have to dig my father's B-15 out of the cedar chest and send a photo taken in daylight.
You're in East Anglia, home base of Jimmy Stewart during the War. Can you identify this patch? Have you seen any like it in the local musea?

Yes it's a 703rd Bomb Squadron Patch. The 703rd was part of the 445th Bomb Group based at Tibenham, Norfolk just a few miles away from my place.

London Cabbie

Saw a fella wearing an Early Irving today few seams. It was gorgeous. It was quite a light brown almost burnt orange. I couldn’t stop, punter on board. Through the window congratulated him ‘it’s an original’ he declared. Sorry I couldn’t get photo. Marylebone high st, London. Hope he’s on here…

John Luder

703rd Bomb Squadron. Do a Jimmy Stewart search on the forum -- he's beyond hero status. ;)
Beauty. Thanks to you and Steve. I never got to meet the General, but I've friends who did. The church where he and Gloria married is still there, in Brentwood, used to pass it all the time. He is legendary, beyond a doubt. I've painted squadron patches, but that was thirty years ago when I had a steady hand and two eyes. It's a bit more challenging these days, especially the straight lines, as in Doolittle's WRIGHT patch.