• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Smithy

Far, far too cold for leather here now. High was -8 today (and it dropped below that for the most part I can tell you) and still blowing, so goodness knows what the effective temperature has been for the day. Sun has nearly disappeared too.

Old photo but this was what was keeping off the cold today so it'll do...

5Vqxapv.jpg

newagegeezer

I travelled around Sweden and Norway in winter 10 - 15 years back (to see some snow which we rarely get in London) and went dogsledding on a clear full moon night from Tromso, it was -28 out in the country, and teh aurora appeared, magical. Then flew to Tromso in January a couple of years ago to spend a week there and hopefully repeat the experience, it was beautifully snowy but after a day the temps soared and on the night we went sledding it was above freezing and clouded over so no Aurora visible and on coach back into Tromso it started pouring with rain, so hope you get to see it John and it stays cold clear and bright for you.

John Lever

My m445 under the Hurtigruten jacket that is mandatory for all RIB landings, as is the life jacket (removed).
We were at Loen on Nord Fjord at the top of the Sky Lift, the steepest cable car in Europe. Beautiful views down the fjord and over the snow covered mountains and glaciers. About -10 C at the top.

Smithy

My m445 under the Hurtigruten jacket that is mandatory for all RIB landings, as is the life jacket (removed).
We were at Loen on Nord Fjord at the top of the Sky Lift, the steepest cable car in Europe. Beautiful views down the fjord and over the snow covered mountains and glaciers. About -10 C at the top.

Great pics John. Just a small thing, it's Nordfjord ;-)

Vestland is stunning. If you're after nordlys (Northern Lights) then you're coming the right way, we've had them every night here over the last few days here in Nordland.

newagegeezer

went into kitchen last night about 9pm and saw it was snowing , about 3" deep so we went out to walk on our common, the very southern edge of Epping Forest, just 200 yards from us......it was almost as bright as day, walked for about an hour throwing snowballs like kids, when we got back it was coming down even heavier. About 5" in garden this morning. Photo taken about 10pm last night, wore my old Belstaff waxed motorbike jacket, no moon but snow made it almost a bright as day. very rare to get snow in London before Xmas, usually it's around end of Jan/feb if we get any.
snowcommon.jpg