• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

ties70

Bit nippy here but "Dress Down Tuesday" nevertheless at Smithy Manor...

JiqeIPT.jpg

"Damn their eyes the buggers!"

;)

"...We're Sergeant Smithy's Lonely Whores Club Band...."

I spare you my jokes about "Ridin' an' whippin'"...

Ties

Fturk

Well I don’t regret buying the B6 at all from Mccoys. I’m beginning to break into it and it feels wonderfully warm in -5 deg. I don’t care what anyone thinks looking at me when out n about (I’ve been getting those looks). Sleeves are rolled up an inch- I can do this with the B6 styling and what’s so good about it compared to the other brands is that the cut is more upto date slimmer straight cut down which suits me fine as it sits perfectly.

London Cabbie

Well I don’t regret buying the B6 at all from Mccoys. I’m beginning to break into it and it feels wonderfully warm in -5 deg. I don’t care what anyone thinks looking at me when out n about (I’ve been getting those looks). Sleeves are rolled up an inch- I can do this with the B6 styling and what’s so good about it compared to the other brands is that the cut is more upto date slimmer straight cut down which suits me fine as it sits perfectly.
Good for you.

B-Man2

Phil
That’s a great combo for cold, wet weather, and it’s easier to travel long distances with that combo . More so than a B-3 or Irvin which is just to bulky to carry around airports or stuff into overheads. I’ve found that it works well for traveling from a warm climate to a cold one. Both are fairly easy to pack and you can wear them separately or in combination during cold weather .

B-Man2

It’s been too warm for a jacket today, so I thought I’d share some photos of a new find I just picked up over the holidays. It’s an original USN Brill Bros 7823E contract G-1 in a hard to find size 48 in excellent condition. I believe this jacket dates back to the 1971 or 1972 time frame, making it a Vietnam War period issued jacket. All comments are welcomed .
D9047CF2-919E-403F-B6E0-A648AFD49F1B.jpeg
3129A564-C8F3-4A0E-8AE6-B8782966CC23.jpeg
D6053F7F-3BB5-4132-842E-47BB5CDDC304.jpeg
D369D14F-09BE-44EB-BD00-7D085129530C.jpeg

Lord Flashheart

Phil
That’s a great combo for cold, wet weather, and it’s easier to travel long distances with that combo . More so than a B-3 or Irvin which is just to bulky to carry around airports or stuff into overheads. I’ve found that it works well for traveling from a warm climate to a cold one. Both are fairly easy to pack and you can wear them separately or in combination during cold weather .

TBH Burt I’ve never worn them together but you’re so right. And layering one jacket under another seems very much approved of round here ;)

Members online

Latest posts