• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Well, it’s -6 C and falling, so on my way to work, it was time to break out the Rough Wear B-3:
4013B52C-FE3A-414D-82B4-70CA7EC38FB3.jpeg

Enigma1938

Just had to duck outside and check that the gate wasn't about to become an airborne missile with the wind really starting to crank itself up now. Jerry Sumpftarn '44 winter parka to the rescue, love using this coat to do anything manual when the weather is bad. No photo, it's pitch dark, winds are nearing hurricane force so not much chance of a pretty selfie.

For those who haven't seen it, here's the parka in calmer weather (btw these are terrific repros, colour, pattern, weight, even the little details like the "shield" buttons are excellently done)

lbXbkKv.jpg

Hey Smithy,
Is there a possibility to get a fit pic from you with that parka? I've been always interested in those things but have no clue how they should properly fit. They were meant to be worn over regular uniforms/ field tunics so I guess they are pretty roomy...

Smithy

Smithy,
Beautiful jacket. 5*, AVI, Goodwill?

Do you know it's such a long time ago that memory escapes me, Hawkes of Savile Row or a handmedown from Adam Ant I'd wager :D

Hey Smithy,
Is there a possibility to get a fit pic from you with that parka? I've been always interested in those things but have no clue how they should properly fit. They were meant to be worn over regular uniforms/ field tunics so I guess they are pretty roomy...

Give me a day or so - I'm on night duty at the mo but will take some fit pics. And yes they are made for layering. They're a brilliant bit of kit.

Micawber

Tanker with Stihl accessories. After a lot of changing of my mind and advice from rich people I finally decided on the ATF fleece version. I want to drop the jacket into my tailor to have the waist taken in and have a deeper waistband fitted so it looks less chavvy peasant and a lot more how I like to wear my clothes....

:p;):D

IMG_20220106_143324_887~2_resize_39.jpg

<Sarcasm / humour mode off>

Nickb123

Tanker with Stihl accessories. After a lot of changing of my mind and advice from rich people I finally decided on the ATF fleece version. I want to drop the jacket into my tailor to have the waist taken in and have a deeper waistband fitted so it looks less chavvy peasant and a lot more how I like to wear my clothes....

:p;):D

View attachment 72319

<Sarcasm / humour mode off>

Poking the neighbors with that thing?