• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Peter242

Yesterday was time for the dubow from 5Star. I still like this one very much. And the service from @Shawn Ali was/is excellent. Sorry for the bad lightning.
I´ll should try to take my pictures in daylight :cool:
a2.jpg

Thomas Koehle

Yesterday was time for the dubow from 5Star. I still like this one very much. And the service from @Shawn Ali was/is excellent. Sorry for the bad lightning.
I´ll should try to take my pictures in daylight :cool:
View attachment 67398

you nailed the fit - is it an "off the shelf" jacket in standard dimensions or did you had some modifications/custom-dimensions?

saucerfiend

Communing and colour coordinating with my big ladies. Please ignore the grubby trews and boots but (shock horror) some of us do dirty, grubby stuff while wearing our Goodwears - and rigger boots have never been known for their sartorial elegance ;)
With a bit of work the GW Perry slowly taking on the colour and patina I'm aiming for.
Must get round to shortening the sleeves sometime...

Mum..
View attachment 67365
View attachment 67366

Daughter
View attachment 67367
View attachment 67368
Steve,
Love the Hide John used on that. Is it Shinki or Horween? Great russet color that resembles my GW 41 Werber Hide.

Micawber

Steve,
Love the Hide John used on that. Is it Shinki or Horween? Great russet color that resembles my GW 41 Werber Hide.

Ah, thereby hangs a tale. I bought this GW Perry from a fellow VLJ member not so very long ago around the same time I was purchasing an original Perry of the same contract from Burt B-Man2. The jacket was originally russet but JC had re-dyed it to a darker tone that I eventually decided to remove and refinish. In actuality what you see here is the result of several applications of different dye tones which I have then cut back and worked in various degrees to achieve what you see here. The photos were taken at sunset so are possibly a bit more red toned than would be the case at midday.

IMG_20210926_172602_280~2_resize_89.jpg
IMG_20210926_173647_501~2_resize_35.jpg

ausreenactor

Ah, thereby hangs a tale. I bought this GW Perry from a fellow VLJ member not so very long ago around the same time I was purchasing an original Perry of the same contract from Burt B-Man2. The jacket was originally russet but JC had re-dyed it to a darker tone that I eventually decided to remove and refinish. In actuality what you see here is the result of several applications of different dye tones which I have then cut back and worked in various degrees to achieve what you see here. The photos were taken at sunset so are possibly a bit more red toned than would be the case at midday.

View attachment 67407View attachment 67408
You mentioned the sleeve length in an earlier post. Do you do this with your jackets generally or was this a 'tall or long' A-2...

My Perry has a longer front than the back. I think to accommodate the 'fuel tank on a sex machine'...,so to speak... I have an overly blousy front on mine....

Still a great jacket... but frustrating..

saucerfiend

You must spend alot of time and elbow grease for the applications. And they look to be well worth it! But, which Hide was it Shinki, Horween or other?

fishmeok

Isn't that fun? I love re-dyeing and weathering.

Peter242

absolut fantastic hide / color !!! Great work

Lorenzo_l

Probably as close as a repro will ever get to looking like an original. But then again it's a GW to start with, and Steve has been doing some wizardry on it, so no ordinary repro!

Kermit3D

Communing and colour coordinating with my big ladies. Please ignore the grubby trews and boots but (shock horror) some of us do dirty, grubby stuff while wearing our Goodwears - and rigger boots have never been known for their sartorial elegance ;)
With a bit of work the GW Perry slowly taking on the colour and patina I'm aiming for.
Must get round to shortening the sleeves sometime...

Mum..
View attachment 67365
View attachment 67366

Daughter
View attachment 67367
View attachment 67368

The jacket is amazing, for sure, but beyond that, photos are great. Beautiful light of the setting sun.

Micawber

The Perry is johns Italian hides
Not long or anything like that, I am same size as JC so no not extra long or anything...the knits are a new make he has, not sure if those will be used going forward you’d have to ask JC but they do look and feel very much like original’s
Sorry I chimed in Micawber

No glad you did chime in as it saved me going back through correspondence :) :)

JC kindly told me that it was part of a batch he did with these knits patterned on an original sourced for a film. He said it was still his favourite Perry pattern.