• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

MikeyB-17

Rocking the All-leather ensemble today, out for a blast on the bike to Hannafore. Looe Island in the background.
DSC_2440.JPG

917_k

I always liked collecting that kind of kit .
At one point as a young kid, I had a complete harness , a May West, a chest pack parachute and a one man pilots raft that my uncle had brought back. I was too young to appreciate what I had and used the May West and life raft as floaty’s at the beach and popped the chute to show it to my friends . I could kick my own ass today for being such a putz. o_O

It’s always difficult knowing what you had, but at the time it was just old wartime surplus. I imagine a whole load of those survival rafts ended up behind used as dinghies at the beach. Fortunately there’s still a fair bit of this kit ‘floating’ (excuse the pun) around. My aim as a collector is to now preserve, display and share this stuff with as many people as I can.

ausreenactor

Now where did I park my B-36?

View attachment 65416

View attachment 65417

The B-15C jacket with the full ensemble. I don’t do reenactment or dress up (nothing against those that do), so this is being worn purely because I didnt have a mannequin on which to display everything and wanted a shot of the complete outfit for a friend who works in television.

All original kit, loosely supposed to be SAC bomber crew from the early 50s. Back chute needs adjusting as it shouldn’t sit that low, was just thrown on for the photo.
Good 'Hustle'!!

Awesome grouping....

Smithy

Wested Raiders in cowhide today. Hadn't worn it for a month or two and fancied a change from an A-2.

Every time I put this on I almost think it's pretty damn close to the perfect leather jacket for practicality.

Photos from a few months back as it's dark and I couldn't be arsed faffing around taking a photo...

3SI8PEd.png

oXh7OIr.png

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Today, with my wife and daughter, we took a ride on a steam train.
Fully open wagons (no windows, just a roof), 7 tunnels, an ideal location right behind the locomotive... I feel like I smoked 5 packs of unfiltered cigarettes and we ended the trip covered in ash. In short, it was absolutely great ! :)

Now my A-2 has a little smell of "smoke/hot mechanics/axle grease"... it's very vintage and I really like it. ;)

DSC_3578.jpg

DSC_1071.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

ausreenactor

JC just make me this sick S.H. Knopf D-1 using all original triple marked Talons and buckle. The Knopf pattern is a plain Jane design and super comfortable. My dad wore a D-1 in Korea, so always wanted one. I take a sz 42 in most jackets, so JC recommended a Medium in the Knopf D-1.

View attachment 65582

This wasn't the recent 'sale' Knopf..... it was a Large... have you had this a while?