• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

London Cabbie

Wested Raiders in cowhide today. Hadn't worn it for a month or two and fancied a change from an A-2.

Every time I put this on I almost think it's pretty damn close to the perfect leather jacket for practicality.

Photos from a few months back as it's dark and I couldn't be arsed faffing around taking a photo...

3SI8PEd.png

oXh7OIr.png
Cow looks lighter and thicker than my goat. Also just looked they no longer do cow, was it a special request.?
Agree about the practicality.

Flightengineer

Today, with my wife and daughter, we took a ride on a steam train.
Fully open wagons (no windows, just a roof), 7 tunnels, an ideal location right behind the locomotive... I feel like I smoked 5 packs of unfiltered cigarettes and we ended the trip covered in ash. In short, it was absolutely great ! :)

Now my A-2 has a little smell of "smoke/hot mechanics/axle grease"... it's very vintage and I really like it. ;)

View attachment 65583

View attachment 65584

View attachment 65585

A chic steam locomotive, these dinosaurs captivate the imagination.
A wonderful jacket and yes ... the very case when a mask is just needed :)

Smithy

Cow looks lighter and thicker than my goat. Also just looked they no longer do cow, was it a special request.?

I got it back in late 2015 when they still had a hide called "soft seal brown cowhide". I chose it after seeing pics of a guy's Raiders on one of the Indy sites. It's a really beaut leather, strong but with a wonderfully soft drape and it develops lovely patina. It's a shame that it's no longer available because it's great stuff.

Smithy

I got it back in late 2015 when they still had a hide called "soft seal brown cowhide". I chose it after seeing pics of a guy's Raiders on one of the Indy sites. It's a really beaut leather, strong but with a wonderfully soft drape and it develops lovely patina. It's a shame that it's no longer available because it's great stuff.

Here you go Cabbie, I had a rummage around and here's the pictures of the aged "soft seal brown cowhide" that made me order it. Luckily I'd saved the pics, you can see that it ages beautifully. Mine seems to be developing the same way. In truth the colour is closer to this guys pics rather than mine.

His jacket is also the "Hero" version rather than my bog standard Raiders.

SaG0lSj.jpg

df9OmgU.jpg

Flightengineer

Here you go Cabbie, I had a rummage around and here's the pictures of the aged "soft seal brown cowhide" that made me order it. Luckily I'd saved the pics, you can see that it ages beautifully. Mine seems to be developing the same way. In truth the colour is closer to this guys pics rather than mine.

SaG0lSj.jpg

df9OmgU.jpg

I really like this jacket, Tim.
Does it have side hand pockets under the pockets?

London Cabbie

SaG0lSj.jpg

df9OmgU.jpg
‘bog standard’:D:D

London Cabbie

That one will do being a copy of the actual pattern used in Raiders of the Lost Ark Dmitry but the good thing is if you buy a jacket that's optional, so you can have the pockets exactly like an A-2 and "patched" onto the jacket.
The side pockets are quite nice and unobtrusive. This is a great jacket to wear beaten up with smart, chinos and a button down shirt. They size very large. I am 40” chest but mine is a 36” with lengthened sleeves takes 2-3 weeks extra. Highly recommended. Will post some photos and measurements Monday.