• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

I don't have access to a B-29 just now so instead it's thumbs up to a nice cup of hot, strong tea with milk but no sugar.

GW Star, sky, clouds, sun, grass and me..

View attachment 62489

Edited to Add: Now that I'm not receiving chemotherapy I'm able to grow whiskers again so a few days of not shaving the area around the old philtrum and I'm transformed into Mr 1970's Moustache Man :D :D :D Question is will I be able to go for the full handlebar like I had for some years and will my wife file for a divorce if I do? :D
Hell …. After what you’ve been through….! I’d bet that you could strip down to the buff , run around naked screaming “God Save the Queen” and your wife would smile and thank God youre still around to do that sort of stuff;)

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Although high maintenance I was very proud of mine, sported it some years and was even a member of the Handlebar Club but my wife was less keen and also didn't like the way other ladies often asked permission to feel it to see if it was real:D

If I had been born 100 years earlier, I would be wearing handlebar moustaches and driving a steam locomotive. :rolleyes:

MaydayWei

I don't have access to a B-29 just now so instead it's thumbs up to a nice cup of hot, strong tea with milk but no sugar.

GW Star, sky, clouds, sun, grass and me..

View attachment 62489

Edited to Add: Now that I'm not receiving chemotherapy I'm able to grow whiskers again so a few days of not shaving the area around the old philtrum and I'm transformed into Mr 1970's Moustache Man :D :D :D Question is will I be able to go for the full handlebar like I had for some years and will my wife file for a divorce if I do? :D

F* it, live life. Go for the handlebars!

Micawber

Hell …. After what you’ve been through….! I’d bet that you could strip down to the buff , run around naked screaming “God Save the Queen” and your wife would smile and thank God youre still around to do that sort of stuff;)

Hopefully she won't read that otherwise she might start demanding I try it :D

IF I did it would have to be played at couple or treble speed accompanied by the Benny Hill music;)

Dany McDonald

Too damn hot for an A-2, but after some weather and a 14 month pandemic, it was a joy to be back in the air. Thanks Commemorative Air Force and FIFI.

Grant, FiFi is a must and on my check list ever since I flew in Commemorative air force B-25 Maid in the Shade! I see you are not wearing any ear protection, how quiet is the B-29 pressurized cockpit? Did you take turns in rotation during the flight?

The B-25 was very intense, noise, smell and cramped cockpit, can't imagine the big B-29!

Thank you,

D

Dany McDonald

The B-25 has a reputation for being the loudest cockpit for any bomber from the war (the prop blades were only around 12 inches from the office).

Yep it is, and from experience, it's really intense and destabilizing. I flew in the cockpit with a guy who brought his dad (pilot) picture book from when he flew B-25's with the RCAF for the dutch air-force during WW2. Most of his aircrew were Aussies and New-Zealanders! And they were almost deaf of flying the B-25.

D

Micawber

F* it, live life. Go for the handlebars!

I'll have to dig out a photo or two. Handlebars are brilliant icebreakers / conversation starters and invariably raise a smile. I generally have a beard. I met my wife to be when I had a beard and kept it for years but at some stage fancied a change and shaved it off - wow big mistake - she disliked my looks without the whiskers and particularly disliked my bald top lip!So I grew a bog standard moustache - that was fine so I would alternate between beard and just a moustache. One winter I let the beard grow particularly long, she doesn't go much on long beards so I said I would do something about it, I shaved off the beard to reveal what I thought was a pretty good junior handlebar so I kept shaving the beard and training / nurturing the handlebar - she didn't go much on the handlebar but I liked it a lot so went for it big time. Oh yes, I'm liking the thought of having a bash at another one :D

Smithy

Yep it is, and from experience, it's really intense and destabilizing. I flew in the cockpit with a guy who brought his dad (pilot) picture book from when he flew B-25's with the RCAF for the dutch air-force during WW2. Most of his aircrew were Aussies and New-Zealanders! And they were almost deaf of flying the B-25.

D

I have a soft spot for the B-25, would love to go up in one although I better remember the ear plugs.

It's a beautiful looking plane too IMO, the proportions are just right.

Dany McDonald

I have a soft spot for the B-25, would love to go up in one although I better remember the ear plugs.

It's a beautiful looking plane too IMO, the proportions are just right.

I am with you with the aesthetic of the B-25, she is a beauty.

I always wanted to go up in a warbird, guess the flight jacket amateur is for something!

D

Garylafortuna

A handlebar would put you in exalted company Steve.

hq720.jpeg

Micawber

Thinking about it I sported my handlebar for about ten years 2006 - 2016 or thereabouts, it depends if the chemotherapy has permanently changed things that will dictate whether I can eventually grow another. During treatment I lost most of my hair and didn't have to shave, it started to grow again when treatment finished and is getting going nicely again now.
I have always admired Sir Edward Elgar's effort. A composer of fine music with a grand and hirsute appendage of the upper lip...

98ad61dd2132d3e6b8cc3bf392d01d37b415dc90.jpg
4418354_450_450_81393_0_fill_0_eba63cfe34e2aea6a38544698638f152.jpg