• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Grant

Hey Dany,
My ears were covered with engine run ups with the cockpit windows open just before take off - the sound was deafening. Once widows were closed, all was good. Flying in warm humid weather gave me a new found respect for those B-29 crews flying in the South Pacific day in and day out. I was a sweaty mess once we landed.

Nickb123

GW 27752
E79914ED-A624-4A76-88C7-68FD612F79D8.jpeg

Smithy

Thinking about it I sported my handlebar for about ten years 2006 - 2016 or thereabouts, it depends if the chemotherapy has permanently changed things that will dictate whether I can eventually grow another. During treatment I lost most of my hair and didn't have to shave, it started to grow again when treatment finished and is getting going nicely again now.
I have always admired Sir Edward Elgar's effort. A composer of fine music with a grand and hirsute appendage of the upper lip...

View attachment 62510View attachment 62511

Oh no Steve, there's only one...

a490e7a6211e4f413d787ea63f44cebc.jpg

Of course you'll also have to kick open every door you enter and announce loudly, "IT'S ME! HOORAY!"

MikeyB-17

I haven’t smoked for knocking on for 30 years (not even cigars any more), but I still have my bog standard stainless Zippo that was given to me when I was at college in the early 80’s. I don’t really carry it any more, and if I do need a source of ignition I have an electric job which can be charged via USB. The Zippo is a classic though.

blackrat2

I sold it on as was a lot of money sat in my A2 jacket doing not much really
Was an original yes , I just found pics after I sent the post so soon saw it wasn’t
I have an apparent Vietnam era one still...and that will probably stay