• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

Getting some fresh air in my ELC RW 1401-P
62D07BFB-39BB-49CB-8B9E-117F805D6565.jpeg

150AD13B-E3DE-4C01-81D9-D9E6D5232862.jpeg

Spitfireace

New to me arrrived the day before yesterday from Kansas City Missouri, a Sew-So Styles 1987 OG-107 field coat. One of the last few contracts, So-Sew Styles had the 1986, 1987, then 1989. In the final year of OG-107 M-65 was American Apparel in 1991. This one had US Airforce tape and Sgt. stripes on sleeves which I removed because I want to wear it around town. No fading or damage of any kind, barely can tell where name tape was etc. A little warm this morning, I also have the liner which I bought previously for a M-65 Woodland Camo jacket which has full on US Airforce insignia and is something I didn't feel like I could wear around, because it looks too military. Just good for outdoor hiking, camping, etc. This one will be seeing more use come fall and winter.
20210427_112344.jpg

mulceber

Thanks
Mine was made in 2012.
As I said they look similar, color, grain, leather- thickness...
That's why I was curious

As @Chandler pointed out, for all I know, it could be a 2012 jacket. It certainly *looks* older than the 2 years old it allegedly was when I got it, so either someone decided to wear the piss out of it in that 2 years (very possible), or the folks at Eastman were wrong and it's older than that.

Last edited:

Chandler

If it is smooth... pre 2000.... Any grain... post 2000....
My 1401 was smooth out of the box, 25+ years later, not so much.

Also, I have it on good authority that many ELC jackets, in their very early years, were quite grainy -- then people complained about spending premium dough on an old looking jacket. Then it all reversed again.

Fickle customer base. ;)

Chandler

As @Chandler pointed out, for all I know, it could be a 2012 jacket. It certainly *looks* older than the 2 years old it allegedly was when I got it, so either someone decided to wear the piss out of it in that 2 years (very possible), or the folks at Eastman were wrong and it's older than that.
I looked up some old correspondence with Charles at HPA who told me that ELC didn't start paying attention to, and serializing, the pocket tag numbers until 1997 (or so). Before that it could be hit or miss.

So ELC might have better records on your jacket. Or it could be from pre-97 and have a random number. :):rolleyes: