• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

busdrivermike

Back in the schott bomber on +6c evening ride for coffee
3E9197E2-F4C7-450B-89A3-DB2D41A2B1AD.jpeg

Lorenzo_l

The wind has switched to northerly and the temperature has dropped like a stone. It's time to break out the ELC Weber 1729.
Like my other A-2s, this is a standard size 40. But unlike the others, this pre-war contract is baggier in fit and allows me to wear a relatively thick fleece jacket underneath without restricting movement much. It is my winter A-2 of sorts. The HH is also amazing. Still working on the collar, trying to get it to relax.
20201105_131849 (2).jpg

Last edited:

B-Man2

The wind has switched to northerly and the temperature has dropped like a stone. It's time to break out the ELC Weber 1729.
Like my other A-2s, this is a standard size 40. But unlike the others, this pre-war contract is baggier in fit and allows me to wear a relatively thick fleece jacket underneath without restricting movement much. It is my winter A-2 of sorts. The HH is also amazing. Still working on the collar, trying to get it to relax. View attachment 46647
The Werber 1729 with those Carmel colored knits is one of my favorite contracts . That one fits you nicely. Just goes to show that an A2 jacket doesn’t always have to fit trimly over a T-shirt to look good .

Griffon_301

Phil when that terrible attack happened in Vienna the other day, my first thought was of you. I hope that none of your family or friends were affected.

I am humbled by your words! To answer your question, we are all fine and alive and kicking...
we are living some 3 miles away from the city centre and were at home, celebrating birthday of a friend of my girlfriend. Celebrations were cut short though when the TV live coverage of the attack started...

To answer the question about the chinos, they are from "The Union Special Overalls", a sub-brand of Freewheelers...

oh, concerning the collar on my A-2 - I did not do any shaping of it, it's still the same as it was when I bought the jacket from Bryce. And after loosing roughly 5 kgs in this Corona madness, the fit only gets better and better...what started as "I just want to have one in the collection" has turned into "so glad to have bought it, will never part with it as long as it fits" :)
and the escape whistle on it has triggered a very humorous episode during our last holiday-but that's a different story :)

tjoenn

I am humbled by your words! To answer your question, we are all fine and alive and kicking...
we are living some 3 miles away from the city centre and were at home, celebrating birthday of a friend of my girlfriend. Celebrations were cut short though when the TV live coverage of the attack started...

To answer the question about the chinos, they are from "The Union Special Overalls", a sub-brand of Freewheelers...

oh, concerning the collar on my A-2 - I did not do any shaping of it, it's still the same as it was when I bought the jacket from Bryce. And after loosing roughly 5 kgs in this Corona madness, the fit only gets better and better...what started as "I just want to have one in the collection" has turned into "so glad to have bought it, will never part with it as long as it fits" :)
and the escape whistle on it has triggered a very humorous episode during our last holiday-but that's a different story :)
We have time for a story... :)