• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

newagegeezer

It looks like a Cal, identical to mine, great jackets. Does yours have fur at the cuffs?

no fur at the cuffs on mine, a couple of other photos, buttons (would they have been plastic or metal ?) missing from teh cuffs...Does yours have the corduroy over collar ? perhaps been added later to perhaps cover wear on the collar, but rest of the jacket is is such good condition I've no idea why the collar would wear, also no idea whether the white leather insert over top of lining was original , does yours have that ? And what is the Cal make ?
Thanks for any more info
Cheers

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 136
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 124

Dubpynchon

no fur at the cuffs on mine, a couple of other photos, buttons (would they have been plastic or metal ?) missing from teh cuffs...Does yours have the corduroy over collar ? perhaps been added later to perhaps cover wear on the collar, but rest of the jacket is is such good condition I've no idea why the collar would wear, also no idea whether the white leather insert over top of lining was original , does yours have that ? And what is the Cal make ?
Thanks for any more info
Cheers
It looks like the corduroy was stitched over the collar to help hold it together as you said, mine doesn't have it. The collar might have worn from sweat. Those cuffs are a style I've seen on other Cals. Cal is an American maker, they made a lot of cop jackets (Officer Poncherello!) from the sixties onwards. https://www.instagram.com/cal_leather/

You might want to post on www.thefedoralounge.com , the people there would definitely tell you what it is.

Last edited:

newagegeezer

It looks like the corduroy was stitched over the collar to help hold it together as you said, mine doesn't have it. The collar might have worn from sweat. Those cuffs are a style I've seen on other Cals. Cal is an American maker, they made a lot of cop jackets (Officer Poncherello!) from the sixties onwards. https://www.instagram.com/cal_leather/

You might want to post on www.thefedoralounge.com , the people there would definitely tell you what it is.
Thanks for that info and advice buddy, i've looked up teh Cal site and it certainly looks like one of theirs
Cheers to you from London UK

busdrivermike

Nice jacket .. and that heated vest really is a great piece of kit if you ride a bike in cold weather, isn’t it?
Yes in deed a great piece of kit, in fact after I got one 5 years ago I thought
Why haven’t I picked one of these 30 up years ago.

Last edited:

RudyN

Unfortunately I can't wear my A2 right no here in my area of California as it was 87° F today. Maybe sometime in the middle of November.