• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Wholenineyards

Gee, sometimes I wish that too, but I’m based in Florida, so the jackets are stored most of the time...
Well, there should be a couple of other interesting things to do in Florida besides jackets. You don’t look too unhappy, so, enjoy the grand jackets you have when you can, and all the other Floridian options in the meantime:). M.

Griffon_301

Fantastic book, read it just recently (actually forgot to put it in the book thread).

I am binge reading Adam Makos books currently.. I have started with "Higher Call", currently it's "Spearhead" and I will then go on to "Devotion" ...
I have read all three already, Higher Call even twice but it's still amazing how captivating Makos writes...truly one of the best authors currently...

Thomas Koehle

Time for some AERO

Custom-made AERO MAXWELL in FQHH together with classic SCHIESSER button up t-shirt, PIKE BROTHERS denims and CHIPPEWAs

Got the jacket roughly 2 months ago and i'm happy how she breaks in

whDNUNX.jpg

hPhODvH.jpg

Flightengineer

Time for some AERO

Custom-made AERO MAXWELL in FQHH together with classic SCHIESSER button up t-shirt, PIKE BROTHERS denims and CHIPPEWAs

Got the jacket roughly 2 months ago and i'm happy how she breaks in

whDNUNX.jpg

hPhODvH.jpg

Cool jacket.
Thomas, are you obligated to wear mask or respirator even in uninhabited places in the forest?
Also compliment to your wife for your haircut.
In a couple of weeks I will ask my wife about the same.

Brettafett

Theres a haircut in my future also. My partner's never cut hair, so this could be interesting.
In the mean time, the clouds have come over, the temps dropped a bit, so I've grabbed the Tanker for the last hour or so at the home work desk.
IMG_20200416_162758752.jpg

Brettafett

Well, funny thing this forum.
I quite like Thomas' haircut. I think if this happens on the right day, I may tell her to give it a go! Surprise me... I recon a few more weeks of lockdown anyway, so what the swell.

Smithy

Get some clippers with a bunch of guards. I've got them right up to a #12 (1.5 inch). You can even get the missus to scissor cut the top to whatever length you want, then use the clippers on the sides and back and blend it in by using higher number guards between. Use no guard on the nape of the neck to get rid of the fuzz, job done!

It's actually much easier than you'd think. Watch some Youtube videos about doing it.

I'm actually thinking I might not go back to the barber even after this is finished because I can save a packet and the better half can give a bloody good haircut.

If you're worried just go for a good old buzz cut.

Brettafett

Funny you mention this Tim. I was looking the other day at some clipper-gear on Amazon. She is well up for it.
Her caveat, is that its almost Summer anyway, so if she makes an oops, we'll just cut it shorter and it'll grow back by Autumn.
Well, yes, but try that approach with a woman and there'll be hell to pay!

Lorenzo_l

Get some clippers with a bunch of guards. I've got them right up to a #12 (1.5 inch). You can even get the missus to scissor cut the top to whatever length you want, then use the clippers on the sides and back and blend it in by using higher number guards between. Use no guard on the nape of the neck to get rid of the fuzz, job done!

That's exactly what I have been doing for a number of years now. Back when I was a student, I thought better of spending my money on barber shops and bought myself an electric clipper and started experimenting. As Mulceber pointed out, crew cuts are fairly easy to self-inflict. When my girlfriend entered the scene, she put the nice finishing touches, particularly in the back of my head. Happy ever since and that electric clipper has paid for itself many times over!

Last edited:

Lorenzo_l

Funny you mention this Tim. I was looking the other day at some clipper-gear on Amazon. She is well up for it.
Her caveat, is that its almost Summer anyway, so if she makes an oops, we'll just cut it shorter and it'll grow back by Autumn.
Well, yes, but try that approach with a woman and there'll be hell to pay!
It's a lot easier than you think, Brett. Go for it. You'll never look back...

Smithy

Lorenzo is bang on. It's actually far easier than you'd think. Buzz cuts are a piece of cake and you can do them yourself but getting the SO to do the back makes a huge difference and you can get her to do the tapering and blending which is tricky to do yourself on the back. My wife hadn't done it in years but she did a fantastic job and even she said it's actually pretty easy.

B-Man2

I’m kinda laughing to myself while reading this thread. When I was a kid my mom used to cut my hair to save money, now back in those days haircuts were only . 25 cents and there were truly bad haircuts, because everyone had the same style haircut which was the standard part on the side, white walls cut and anything different was considered a bad haircut for a kid. So every time she made a mistake she would simply take the clippers and scalp me down to a Vin Diesel shaved head look . Now while that might be the style of today, it was a terrible look for a kid back in those days, and basically told the world that your family was too poor to send their kids to a barber and tried to cut their hair themselves and screwed up.
But today there is no such thing as a bad haircut and from what I’ve seen, anything goes!:D
42818FDC-0777-4CA9-BA02-4D00C6A2DF68.jpeg

Last edited:

Smithy

I’m kinda laughing to myself while reading this thread. When I was a kid my mom used to cut my hair to save money, now back in those days haircuts were only . 25 cents and there were truly bad haircuts, because everyone had the same style haircut which was the standard part on the side, white walls cut and anything different was considered a bad haircut for a kid. So every time she made a mistake she would simply take the clippers and scalp me down to a Vin Diesel shaved head look . Now while that might be the style of today, it was a terrible look for a kid back in those days, and basically told the world that your family was too poor to send their kids to a barber and tried to cut their hair themselves and screwed up.
But today there is no such thing as a bad haircut and from what I’ve seen, anything goes!:D

I think clippers have come a long way Burt from back in the day. The amount of guards and how they can be used make a big difference. My one even has right and left ear taper guards which are great.

When I first got them years back I just used to give myself a buzz cut but since this CV lockdown I dragged them out did a bit myself and got the better half to do different lengths on the sides and back and blend it in and I'm bloody chuffed with the result. Haircuts are expensive here and after seeing what the missus can do I think I might save my money and get her to do it from now on!

Flightengineer

Lorenzo is bang on. It's actually far easier than you'd think. Buzz cuts are a piece of cake and you can do them yourself but getting the SO to do the back makes a huge difference and you can get her to do the tapering and blending which is tricky to do yourself on the back. My wife hadn't done it in years but she did a fantastic job and even she said it's actually pretty easy.

Tim and Lorenzo, you must start a new thread about haircuts and electric clipper!
We all need this.
I feel this quarantine shit won't end long.

Nickb123

It's actually much easier than you'd think. Watch some Youtube videos about doing it.

I'm actually thinking I might not go back to the barber even after this is finished because I can save a packet and the better half can give a bloody good haircut.

If you're worried just go for a good old buzz cut.

My dad took the clippers to his 88-yr old dad (the boatbuilder)....damn safety clip came off during, so he had to shave him completely bald! Looks like Al Bundy! God is he pissed.

Smithy

Tim and Lorenzo, you must start a new thread about haircuts and electric clipper!
We all need this.
I feel this quarantine shit won't end long.

Seriously Dmitry it's a piece of cake. Anyone interested in having a go, I'd suggest going on Youtube and having a look. There's thousands of really good instructional videos about how to do it.

I got my wife to have a look at a couple and after that she had no problems.