• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

stevehayes

Jacket.jpg

Now I wear River Road Hoodlum Vintage Leather Jacket

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I just wrote to the store "soldier of fortune" if they have delivery .. maybe I will choose them, Eastman costs me $ 120 delivery .. in thought. This damn virus ... now everything is complicated.
Hmmm I think zippers can be found on ebay... but soldier of fortune could be a good option, or you can try your luck on ebay for the real deal, check this one, ends in 12 hrs:

AlexLutov

Thanks for the link, unfortunately there is no delivery to Russia .. the "soldier of fortune" also refused .. perhaps I will leave this idea until better times ...

Wholenineyards

Went through boxes in the attic, found a B-3 fake by Blue Duck Brand. Can't remember when and where I got it, how much I paid for it. Well, it's a comfy one, size label says 36. 36 maybe for a giant's baby. Well I found it and since we have an only-today-breather of about 7 degrees C, I took a chance. Forgive the cap on an unshaven head. Kinda silly. Also found an ELC size 46 Red Skin B-3. First time it has ever seen the outside. Is probably the older hide from a while back because I've had it for some years. No warhorse hide ELC uses these days. Still a comfy and substantial shearling. Wonder why I had it boxed up so long. Anyhow. Oh, I think I ran a photo filter on my phone that said "automatic".
20200414_195903.jpg

20200414_184553.jpg

20200414_184532.jpg

Last edited:

Wholenineyards

Some basics..... first pattern of the Cold Weather Jacket, hard to believe this one is still in mint condition after 44 years.View attachment 35130
Another outstanding piece. I really so hope the temperatures at your place allow for some night jacketing. I find myself in that Blue Duck beast outside at 4 C looking at an awesomely clear starlit sky, with a Sherry im my hand listening to Ultravox. Have the best of times whenever you are at this time! Markus

mulceber

Thanks for sharing that, Smithy. I've been eyeing a kit bag as well, and didn't want to pay Eastman prices. Which one would you recommend? The medium or the large? Or are they both accurate?

Damn fine B-3, Adfrost! Makes me wish we could get another couple days of winter here so I could break mine out.

Apparently someone was listening to me, because the weather dipped down to 4 celsius, and so I was able to break out the ELC RW B-3 for my daily constitutional with @Nnatalie.

132F4E75-AC16-44DA-8000-D68AD4A5BFDA_1_105_c.jpeg
1D93DE96-EF8F-48AC-B5FA-AF23EC3139FA_1_105_c.jpeg

Smithy

Thank you, yes I’m already on the way to him "soldier of fortune

For 40 quid it'll probably work out far cheaper and less hassle than trying to make one. The SoF ones are really fantastic and made tough. They're not cosplay crap. I used mine just this Easter to go up to the mountains. It was stuffed on the back of a sled to a snow scooter, tied down with a strop and got snowed on and used as a cushion by the kids. It's been treated like that for two years and it's been bulletproof.

I've been meaning to paint a 4th FG boxing eagle on it - even have the stencils made but it gets used most weekends I haven't had time to do it!

Thanks for sharing that, Smithy. I've been eyeing a kit bag as well, and didn't want to pay Eastman prices. Which one would you recommend? The medium or the large? Or are they both accurate?

Mine is the medium which is the size that you see with most originals Mulceber. Fantastic bags and can't recommend them enough. Far, far more accurate than the ELC ones and for a fair and decent price, can't ask for more than that. A lot of the guys around here have picked one up and I reckon you'll be pleased if you do so too.

B-Man2

Thank you, yes I’m already on the way to him "soldier of fortune
I would suggest that you consider purchasing an original WWII Flight Bag. You can easily find them on EBay and the prices are sometimes cheaper that an ELC repro bag . I purchased one for $60.00 US in fairly nice condition. But if you’re looking for a medium sized one then SOF is the place to go, as Tim has said . I also have one of theirs and they are great value for the money.
Good Luck with your search .

mulceber

Far, far more accurate than the ELC ones and for a fair and decent price, can't ask for more than that. A lot of the guys around here have picked one up and I reckon you'll be pleased if you do so too.

I’ll plan on it...just as soon as the quarantine lifts and I actually am moving about enough that a bag like that would be useful.
;)