• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

newagegeezer

Need? We dont speak about needs here ;)
Want? well, initially I thought one A-2 and one G-1. Became a better fitting A-2, maybe a seal and a russet. Became many... Then an M422a, and then I discovered the B-10. Now I need them all, and want more.
yes, i quite understand about wants and needs, but when one gets to be 70, geez where did the years go ? ... with a younger partner and she wants room in one of the wardrobes (I know teh old answer to that one , but this lady's hopefully a keeper, and she's a textile conservationist , so she can mend stuff !).... i still kick myself for selling a beautiful condition Dubow years ago. So a lot of stuff will be going up on ebay , an Irvin and crusher up up at teh moment with some other stuff, look up "nageezer " if interested.
and thanks to everyone who answered my query on what turned out to be a wrongly labeled jacket, contarct # showed it to be a sheepskin, but expert eyes say it is a Block M422A, as you've just mentioned above.
So I'll be keeping myself to just one or 2 items. I sold my Willys last year so no longer need the sheepskins etc. this one will probably be a keeper, a Bronco.. sorry this has ended up abit long winded

Attachments

• A2frontpatch.jpg
    A2frontpatch.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 209
  • bduckbacldet1.jpg
    bduckbacldet1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 225
  • bducklab.JPG
    bducklab.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 237

B-Man2

yes, i quite understand about wants and needs, but when one gets to be 70, geez where did the years go ? ... with a younger partner and she wants room in one of the wardrobes (I know teh old answer to that one , but this lady's hopefully a keeper, and she's a textile conservationist , so she can mend stuff !).... i still kick myself for selling a beautiful condition Dubow years ago. So a lot of stuff will be going up on ebay , an Irvin and crusher up up at teh moment with some other stuff, look up "nageezer " if interested.
and thanks to everyone who answered my query on what turned out to be a wrongly labeled jacket, contarct # showed it to be a sheepskin, but expert eyes say it is a Block M422A, as you've just mentioned above.
So I'll be keeping myself to just one or 2 items. I sold my Willys last year so no longer need the sheepskins etc. this one will probably be a keeper, a Bronco.. sorry this has ended up abit long winded
If this is a size 46 you’ll definitely need to sell this one . I mean the paint alone on the jacket will take up additional inches of room in her closet. Fortunately for you I happen to be a size 46 and would be happy to help you and your sweetie address this problem . Feel free to call on me at anytime ;)

newagegeezer

If this is a size 46 you’ll definitely need to sell this one . I mean the paint alone on the jacket will take up additional inches of room in her closet. Fortunately for you I happen to be a size 46 and would be happy to help you and your sweetie address this problem . Feel free to call on me at anytime ;)
D
Damn ! it's only a 42 otherwise I'd love to oblige you.... oh yeah... However i have put up a 46R USAAF Officer's Trenchcoat on ebay if that's of interest, difficult to find WW2 military stuff in large sizes, look up nageezer stuff if interested . I only have a couple of ordinary old mbike jackets in that sort of size, but there's thousands of those around
Cheers

newagegeezer

Thankyou Sir
I genuinely look forward to getting in my Cab everyday. Feel privileged to be A London Cabbie, we have a family of Cabbies and I get to drive across London and meet all types of people everyday...
I love my ELC G1, now I love my Platon J.A Dubow, already thinking about a russet A2...
you're a better man than I am, Mr Cabbie... how do you put up with the traffic and dreadul drivers ?
I'm a Londoner who has been driving for > 50 years and i just hate it now, even driving one of my classic cars I get cut up by drivers who have no idea that these oldies do not stop or turn on a dime.
anyway, thought you might like a pic of one of the caps I sometimes wear driving...
Thankyou Sir
I genuinely look forward to getting in my Cab everyday. Feel privileged to be A London Cabbie, we have a family of Cabbies and I get to drive across London and meet all types of people everyday...
I love my ELC G1, now I love my Platon J.A Dubow, already thinking about a russet A2...

newagegeezer

you're a better man than I am, Mr Cabbie... how do you put up with the traffic and dreadul drivers ?
I'm a Londoner who has been driving for > 50 years and i just hate it now, even driving one of my classic cars I get cut up by drivers who have no idea that these oldies do not stop or turn on a dime.
anyway, thought you might like a pic of one of the caps I sometimes wear driving...

Attachments

• IMG_3200.JPG
    IMG_3200.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 229

newagegeezer

that is one seriously kickass bronco, geeze
Thanks, been a treasure for more than 45+ years, only ever been worn for special "dressing up" occasions.
been a real trip down memory lane getting some of the jackets out and trying them on, should have found this site years ago, when I got these jackets back in the early 70s to 80s no internet to look up contract #s etc. great that you guys have found the time to get knowledgeable about it all.

Micawber

Thanks, been a treasure for more than 45+ years, only ever been worn for special "dressing up" occasions.
been a real trip down memory lane getting some of the jackets out and trying them on, should have found this site years ago, when I got these jackets back in the early 70s to 80s no internet to look up contract #s etc. great that you guys have found the time to get knowledgeable about it all.

Ah yes, the late 60's through to the 80's - halcyon days for picking up cheap "surplus" flight and military gear which now commands eye watering prices. The compensation is that being of a certain age meant being able to spend untold time with the guys who wore the stuff while doing their duty. Firsthand contact and friends like that is not something that can be bought for any money and beats racks of prime gear any day.

London Cabbie

Sir that is a fantastic titfer.

When it comes to the traffic chaos I have found patience wins the day and sanity. Even though every fibre in ones body is saying otherwise... Lovely Jacket.

newagegeezer

I'm over 70 so have driven in most parts of the world since the old hippy trail days....Marseilles yes, but about 20 years back,,, i'd put Mexico City (in fact most large towns in Mexico), India, Tehran, Istanbul far up the hell on Wheels scale, but still find London a big hassle even only driving 3-4 days a week even in my modern car (the freedom pass is a wonderful thing). Quite often go from Walthamstow to Chiswick, took 4 hours the other Sunday....stuck on the dreadful N Circular, so Cabbie I salute you. Drove old mbikes as well for many years, as you can see from my photo, taken about 20 years back, still have that WL45 and a '47 indian Chief but wouldn't drive them in London now. But sorry, this forum isn't about traffic jams or cars

newagegeezer

Ah yes, the late 60's through to the 80's - halcyon days for picking up cheap "surplus" flight and military gear which now commands eye watering prices. The compensation is that being of a certain age meant being able to spend untold time with the guys who wore the stuff while doing their duty. Firsthand contact and friends like that is not something that can be bought for any money and beats racks of prime gear any day.
yes indeed, as a teenager in 50s bought combat jackets and Irvins, flying boots etc from Millets surplus shops as ordinary wear and on mbike - & used to take vets for rides along the beach at Arromanches in my Willys, on many Dday tours from 70s on , chatting in teh bars about their experiences,etc... Major Howard and the glider pilots used to man the bar at 1st house liberated at Pegasus Bridge whcih became a bar.... pic of me in either the M422A or a G1 with Jeep at 45th or 50th, memories going of course... great times... great guys,

Attachments

• JeepPegasusbridge (2).jpg
    JeepPegasusbridge (2).jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 226

Micawber

yes indeed, as a teenager in 50s bought combat jackets and Irvins, flying boots etc from Millets surplus shops as ordinary wear and on mbike - & used to take vets for rides along the beach at Arromanches in my Willys, on many Dday tours from 70s on , chatting in teh bars about their experiences,etc... Major Howard and the glider pilots used to man the bar at 1st house liberated at Pegasus Bridge whcih became a bar.... pic of me in either the M422A or a G1 with Jeep at 45th or 50th, memories going of course... great times... great guys,

Ah yes Millets, remember it well plus numerous independent surplus places and market traders. Jumble sales were another happy hunting ground too. I'm not in the first flush of youth but after a 20 year break have recently purchased another MB, hellfire the gap between the steering wheel and seat must have shrunk!! ;)

Bombing IP

Not meaning to hijack the thread ,but this question is for the London cabbie .Here in New York city to own a Yellow cab you need a medallion and they used to change hands for $500,000 and have dropped dramatically in value to about a quarter of that .Its because of Uber and Lyft and the cabbies are crying they do not make as much money these days because of it .Is this the case in London I wonder less lucrative ?.

Jeff

London Cabbie

I'm over 70 so have driven in most parts of the world since the old hippy trail days....Marseilles yes, but about 20 years back,,, i'd put Mexico City (in fact most large towns in Mexico), India, Tehran, Istanbul far up the hell on Wheels scale, but still find London a big hassle even only driving 3-4 days a week even in my modern car (the freedom pass is a wonderful thing). Quite often go from Walthamstow to Chiswick, took 4 hours the other Sunday....stuck on the dreadful N Circular, so Cabbie I salute you. Drove old mbikes as well for many years, as you can see from my photo, taken about 20 years back, still have that WL45 and a '47 indian Chief but wouldn't drive them in London now. But sorry, this forum isn't about traffic jams or cars

I bet you have adventure story or two and Thankyou.