• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Felix is roaming today...
Rather dull and grey day but still a tad too warm for sheep and alpacas during the day....

Attachments

• 20191125_075124.jpg
    20191125_075124.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 192

Micawber

Thankyou.

The weathers turned a bit milder here. Central London is packed with tourists and this year there seems to be a lot more Christmas lights and they are done really well.
Must be busy time in Norfolk this time of year...?

Hmmm, busy around here is wholly different compared to the bustle of London. Chalk and cheese ;)

London Cabbie

An absolutely gorgeous Dubow in all possible meanings, what to speak of the start from! Smart choice, welcome to the club Sir)
And my sincere respect to your work, I love London and cabs are a part of it, an important part!
An absolutely gorgeous Dubow in all possible meanings, what to speak of the start from! Smart choice, welcome to the club Sir)
And my sincere respect to your work, I love London and cabs are a part of it, an important part!

Thankyou Sir
I genuinely look forward to getting in my Cab everyday. Feel privileged to be A London Cabbie, we have a family of Cabbies and I get to drive across London and meet all types of people everyday...
I love my ELC G1, now I love my Platon J.A Dubow, already thinking about a russet A2...

Griffon_301

...and noticed small damage to the jacket (or should I consider it normal wear and tear?)

Attachments

• 20191126_113628.jpg
    20191126_113628.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 254

Griffon_301

Failed / pulled stitching?

Looks more like torn leather to me...on the opposite side everything still looks fine...
As long as the "damage" does not get worse I will consider it as normal wear and tear, my B-3 is also torn on one side underneath where the side adjuster straps are sewn on...guess that's part of the character of a jacket...

Micawber

Looks more like torn leather to me...on the opposite side everything still looks fine...
As long as the "damage" does not get worse I will consider it as normal wear and tear, my B-3 is also torn on one side underneath where the side adjuster straps are sewn on...guess that's part of the character of a jacket...

The tape above will stop it opening but if it were mine I would add a couple of stitches into solid hide outboard of the existing stitch line / holes using a strong waxed thread.

Griffon_301

Thank you very much for the tip, I might talk to Fardin from White Feather if he can do that suggested fix, he is my go-to man when it comes to leather jackets...

Griffon_301

Steve is right. You can fix that yourself in 5 minutes. Because it's a sheepskin jacket the pile means that you won't even see the stitching. Save yourself the money and DIY.

I'll have my significant other look into it...I learned to work with needle and thread back in basic school but I am not sure if I can still do it...I'll keep you updated :)