• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

B-Man2

Steve
Just picked this up a while back. It’s a great coat! I prefer the steer to the horsehide as it breaks in quicker and ages nicely.
Regards
B

Smithy

:)

Funny that as I was thinking of snaffling a Barnstormer at some point....

Do it Steve.

I've had mine since 2013 and absolutely love the thing. They are exceedingly practical coats and brilliant in inclement weather. They have a wonderful early aviation (funnily enough)/motoring look and feel to them. With the collar up and a scarf my better half says it's my most dashing coat so that's saying something. She quite likes an Irvin but won't bat an eye at an A-2, and you can forget about any cloth or nylon flying jackets with her. She actually calls it the Flashheart jacket which must be a good sign surely.

The belt on them is removable which effectively changes the feel of the coat as well. One of the best coats/jackets you can get IMHO.

Oh and Burt, really beat the crap out it to begin with, that CXL leather is tough stuff that needs a firm hand to tame it.

Nickb123

Alpha USA-made MA-1 from @Juanito
Definitely worth the search.

6BC73662-5804-4E86-8D34-DD19AA3557D6.jpeg