• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

foster

Welcome back. If you check with John I bet he can reset your password for your old account.
Thanks, I will look into that. I think the e-mail address I used for my original account is now extinct, as I tried the password reset through the login screen but never received the message. Set up a new account with the current email and it allowed me to to register again.

STEVE S.

This one came in today, should I wear it? Maybe after a coat of Pecards??

AF199EEB-396C-4069-A88A-65D987472990.jpeg

884A3DEA-7F19-4BAE-BC0E-A68E3B3DCCF6.jpeg

Attachments

• 613BF541-6E21-4D6F-8E52-5B0A300BF71A.jpeg
    613BF541-6E21-4D6F-8E52-5B0A300BF71A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 159

STEVE S.

Ha!

Nah, picked it up for a few bux for a pattern. Thing is so fragile that I’m not ripping seam thread to disassemble , just cutting it apart at the seams...

Anybody have any ideas as to what era it’s from? I’m guessing 30’s since there are no zippers anywhere, the button cuffs etc. I know these chore type jackets could be as basic or fancy as you could afford.

Smithy

Looks 30s or 40s judging from the body length, pattern and detailing but Ken or one of the other civvy jacket cognoscenti chaps will no doubt be far more accurate.

Silver Surfer

welted top pocket without a zipper, and collar design tells me 30s. wonder if the buttons remaining are original to the jacket. usually, a jacket such as this would have semi domed recessed two hole buttons, and be made of caesin, or possibly bakelite. that one is a real working mans jacket, ie: simple design with no frills. a perfect example of an early depression era work jacket.

STEVE S.

I like them for the pattern. So simple to adjust for different styles. I can make all sorts of different jackets from this one basic pattern.

I did check it to see if any small animals were living in it & slipped it on. Perfect fit on me, too bad it has had such a rough life.....

B-Man2

I like them for the pattern. So simple to adjust for different styles. I can make all sorts of different jackets from this one basic pattern.

I did check it to see if any small animals were living in it & slipped it on. Perfect fit on me, too bad it has had such a rough life.....

Actually I think this is going to be a great looking jacket once you finish with it. Please keep us updated on your progress with it.

A2 B3au

Sure...there we go...
Zip was changed some 10 years ago and is not original any more, the fleece is getting very thin at the edges and flaking is very much in evidence but I really like the way this jacket has aged...it still manages to turn some heads

It speaks volumes for Eastman that it is still a great looking jacket after more than 20years of hard wear during the cold season...
War worthy ...looks cool