• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

kowalski

today only +1 degre C
good day to leave the house in A2

Attachments

• P1120728.JPG
    P1120728.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 235
  • P1120729.JPG
    P1120729.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
  • P1120730.JPG
    P1120730.JPG
    726.8 KB · Views: 192
  • P1120731.JPG
    P1120731.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 211
  • P1120732.JPG
    P1120732.JPG
    786.3 KB · Views: 202
  • P1120733.JPG
    P1120733.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 224
  • P1120736.JPG
    P1120736.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 212

Technonut2112

Crazy weather up in these mountains.... A couple of days ago, freezing in the lower 20's F... This morning, just under 40 F, and great to go knocking-around in my Aero AN-J-3 (AAF version). This jacket was extremely stiff when I received it. Damn-near brand new condition. I grew tired of attempting to tame it by normal wear, since it would take forever and a day, so I resorted to more drastic measures.

Most here have heard of Aero's 'battered' hides.. Awhile back, I had a wooden dowel-rod in my hand, and gave the AN-J-3 a 'whack' when walking by where it was hanging. I was pissed-off about something or the other that particular day, and it felt good. I proceeded to beat the living shit out of this extremely robust goat, and the jacket loosened-up noticeably. :eek: I repeated the beatings over a period of days, and I've never seen an uncooperative jacket break-in so quickly and well. Aero may have it's battered-steer, but I have discovered 'severely beaten goat'... :p :cool:

DSCF0715.JPG

Micawber

Crazy weather up in these mountains.... A couple of days ago, freezing in the lower 20's F... This morning, just under 40 F, and great to go knocking-around in my Aero AN-J-3 (AAF version). This jacket was extremely stiff when I received it. Damn-near brand new condition. I grew tired of attempting to tame it by normal wear, since it would take forever and a day, so I resorted to more drastic measures.

Most here have heard of Aero's 'battered' hides.. Awhile back, I had a wooden dowel-rod in my hand, and gave the AN-J-3 a 'whack' when walking by where it was hanging. I was pissed-off about something or the other that particular day, and it felt good. I proceeded to beat the living shit out of this extremely robust goat, and the jacket loosened-up noticeably. :eek: I repeated the beatings over a period of days, and I've never seen an uncooperative jacket break-in so quickly and well. Aero may have it's battered-steer, but I have discovered 'severely beaten goat'... :p :cool:

View attachment 12881

Could jacket thrashing be a new Olympic sport?

Technonut2112

Is that an old photo of you wearing it /
BIP

Taken this morning.. I'm down to 165 lbs (no protruding gut).... I guarantee that it fits a bit loose, and has plenty of room.. EDIT: Could be my Buzz Rickson sweatshirt filling it out some, but the jacket doesn't feel tight or restrictive at all while wearing it...

EDIT: Just snapped this one in the same sweatshirt worn in my above pic earlier this morning, and it's pretty clear that the jacket isn't tight at all..... ;):

DSCF0722.JPG

EDIT: After severely-beating Aero's superbly thick goatskin a number of times, the jacket has become extremely supple in contrast to how it arrived. I have also worn it through a few rainstorms, and allowed it to dry while wearing. I can see where my original pic may give the illusion of being quite tight since it's kind of molded to me now, but in reality, I'll need to put a few lbs back on in order to make the jacket fit well without a sweatshirt, as seen in the above pic..

Last edited:

Bombing IP

Technonut your latest picture looks like its very loose . I see what you mean but when I look at the first picture I come to the conclusion its tight ,I guess the camera does lie .

BIP

Last edited:

foster

I used to own one of the AAF style AN-J-3 jackets like Technonut is wearing. I never did get the Aero hide to soften, but I didn't think to use a wooden stick on it. Mine was a size 46 and never felt snug even though in some photos it looked that way. It ended up being too thick and tough for what I wanted it for.

Steve27752

I used to own one of the AAF style AN-J-3 jackets like Technonut is wearing. I never did get the Aero hide to soften, but I didn't think to use a wooden stick on it. Mine was a size 46 and never felt snug even though in some photos it looked that way. It ended up being too thick and tough for what I wanted it for.

Welcome to VLJ Foster2, I like the Avatar. Are you into re-enactment?
By way of an introduction, why not post a bit about yourself here.
http://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/forums/member-bios.21/