• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

D97x7

ResizerImage1340X2097.jpg

Ken at Aero Leather

Looks 30s or 40s judging from the body length, pattern and detailing but Ken or one of the other civvy jacket cognoscenti chaps will no doubt be far more accurate.

Steve
My money is on the 1920s or early 30s at the latest, without seeing the two close ups mentioned below
Close up of buckle and any traces of lining would help, the cuff is very unusual, I've never seen a US working cuff top stitched on the cuff itself rather than on the sleeve

Its peeling like sheep/cape

Flightengineer

Steve will not doubt go apeshit for me not posting a pic but to hell with it, -6 Celsius today (-17 with windchill) and I braved it in an A-2. I did have merino wool thermals, a thin cotton jumper, and a cheap pseudo C-2 kind of knockoff, scarf and A-10 gloves but I didn't suffer. In fairness I wasn't standing around for hours outdoors but I was surprised as it was easily the coldest I've worn an A-2 in.

Wow! We have same weather these days here, snowy and windy. What made you wear an A-2 in this cold?
Here ground serv. no time to full clear the snow on TWYs, I have cool snowy photo from our yesterdays night taxing ... I can’t even imagine myself wearing B-15, so in A-2... damn cold for it... warm and thinsulated parka only.

STEVE S.

Steve
My money is on the 1920s or early 30s at the latest, without seeing the two close ups mentioned below
Close up of buckle and any traces of lining would help, the cuff is very unusual, I've never seen a US working cuff top stitched on the cuff itself rather than on the sleeve

Its peeling like sheep/cape

Here is one of the buckles & liner. Buckles have a neat little pattern, kind of a “western” look. Liner is a cotton twill. I noticed the same thing on the cuffs yesterday & how they are top stitched vs rolled under & seam being on sleeve.
F07706E5-7F56-49DB-AAC3-CD83A8B6C466.jpeg

D5D42542-03FD-475C-8388-0974E5878C11.jpeg

6036894D-0C0F-460D-954F-37C5DE8D9A73.jpeg