• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

s4rmark

Great looking Bronson MA-1, Greg . That or a Buzz will be on my list for next year. I'm banned from buying any more jackets this year.

ties70

Pilot

Burt,

the website does still exist:

http://www.thefewmfg.com/data_list.cgi?name=LEATHER_FLIGHTJACKET_

The internet never forgets!
The company was related to RMNZ, and they closed their business in 2015. They on the other hand were related to RMJ...maybe FEW stuff is still around somewhere, labelled as Real McCoys or Toy McCoys?
Still around in Korea and Japan...many for second hand sale on buyee or yahoo.jp
Sizes from 36” to 40”...very seldom in larger than 42”...

ties70

Ties
Thanks for that info.
Great looking B-10.

Burt,

I think buying that jacket some years ago was a chance of a lifetime: These were returns / leftovers from the production of Lucas' Red Tails movie.

They do not come up, even when you google them. In this size, a large 46/48....impossible....I would be surprised if there were even made more than a low two-digit figure in that size.

Best regards,

Ties

A2 B3au

2035CB9E-4E6C-4097-BEBF-552308BE087C.jpeg
Brice, packaging weighing about 0.7 kg?! Hmmm... It only remains to wait until I receive it ( think it's take long time ... I suspect that a pre-Christmas nightmare has probably already begun at the posts) or until @Art publishes weight his BR B-15 C :cool:.
All done 1674g for you Dimi, my profession being a floor layer so I’m always around sharp tools and objects add to that Im training the most unluckiest person I’ve ever met I couldn’t take the chance bringing it to work and asking the post office to weigh it for me as it would be asking for it to get damaged. Anyhow it’s been done on a professional pair of scales and triple checked... Ny B10 superior togs by BuzzRickson in a 42 which I’m glad I opted for opposed to a 40 which may have been slightly restrictive with a hooded jumper

B-Man2

Burt,

I think buying that jacket some years ago was a chance of a lifetime: These were returns / leftovers from the production of Lucas' Red Tails movie.

They do not come up, even when you google them. In this size, a large 46/48....impossible....I would be surprised if there were even made more than a low two-digit figure in that size.

Best regards,

Ties

Ties

You found a keeper . Nice lineage with it as well.
Maybe a few more will appear after the filming of the 8th Air Force Series is completed. But you never seem to find out where they’re being sold until after the fact. Thanks for all of the info.
Regards
Burt

A2 B3au

For the most part would say prewar/ depression era. I like the comfort of the bi swing on the Navy jackets so went with a center pleat bi swing with the half belt. Buttons are Colt, zips old stock Talon & the side buckles are some original 30’s art deco pieces I picked up awhile back.
Pocket flaps are tuckable for handwamer use.
Cool thanks for that I’d guessed it from the 70s but that must be as I musta seen some dude looking cool in it on screen in a 70sflick

Flightengineer

View attachment 11853
All done 1674g for you Dimi, my profession being a floor layer so I’m always around sharp tools and objects add to that Im training the most unluckiest person I’ve ever met I couldn’t take the chance bringing it to work and asking the post office to weigh it for me as it would be asking for it to get damaged. Anyhow it’s been done on a professional pair of scales and triple checked... Ny B10 superior togs by BuzzRickson in a 42 which I’m glad I opted for opposed to a 40 which may have been slightly restrictive with a hooded jumper

Hi, thank you very much!
My original Skyline MA-1 and Bronson B-15A also weigh about 1.5-1.6 kg.
This purchased jacket Buzz B-15C is exactly the same as yours, but perhaps from the old releases and therefore heavy, have no other explanation yet . The person who sent it to me says that used simply regular box and bubble wrap, which weigh a little, nevertheless the package is weighed by Japan Post weighs 2 kg 350 g
I hope to get it and know everything for sure.
Thanks again for your time.

Your B-10 looks very nice!

Flightengineer

View attachment 11859 View attachment 11860 View attachment 11861 Beautiful day here in the mountains to run my dogs. Perfect weather (mid 50's F) to give my G-1 a try for the first time.
A vintage LW Foster Sportswear circa 1956. Got a deal on ebay and after a new zipper... my everyday wearer for those mild fall days.

Great jacket!
I have the exact same contract of the same year. Beautiful leather.
Perfect fit, great weather and beautiful dog!