• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

D97x7

ResizerImage1028X1884.jpg

B-Man2

Great Post!
According to me! Your arms might be somewhat Flabbier than they used to be, and you're likely battling with some slightly aged spread, yet nobody will ever see whether you slip on an awesome Jacket. Ok, structure!! A short fitted Black Leather jackets can work miracles to change any 40+ figure into a wispy mean style Apparatus.
It's not spam. It is a new member and we need to welcome him.
So, welcome to VLJ. May I suggest going here and introducing yourself?
https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/forums/member-bios.21/
Steve
I respectfully disagree. With such a nasty and rude first post like this, why would we welcome someone like this to the forum. If this is the way he makes his entrance what will follow? Anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that this reply was not appropriate and he knows it as well. It condones disrespectful and rude behavior. Are we that desperate for members that we will tolerate this sort of thing. I’m sorry, but there won’t be a welcome from me.
B-Man2

Steve27752

Steve
I respectfully disagree. With such a nasty and rude first post like this, why would we welcome someone like this to the forum. If this is the way he makes his entrance what will follow? Anyone with a modicum of common sense would know that this reply was not appropriate and he knows it as well. It condones disrespectful and rude behavior. Are we that desperate for members that we will tolerate this sort of thing. I’m sorry, but there won’t be a welcome from me.
B-Man2
It was a sarcastic comment. Since relaxing the rules, we are getting a lot more of this spam!

jeremiah

I think that's the best looking A-2 I've ever seen, repro or original. Must feel so good to know that you made it look that way. Do you even feel like wearing your other jackets now? :)
Thanks. I like it too. I do like other things about each of my other jackets. Like the buttery soft leather of my BK arco.

@jeremiah, your jacket is a miracle, thanks for these photos.
Thanks.
liberty horsehide.

No. Not liberty or Victory.

jeremiah

They had a few predating victory hide. One was called Mark (something). These hides are long gone as options for future jackets. Best is finding one second hand and giving a makeover If you didn’t like the color. I have seen a dark seal one which looked good in pics

This hide came from a Japanese tannery which did not follow the specs BK gave them and the finish on the leather was wrong for their tastes. They made a few jackets out of those hides though. This is one of them. I am told it is HH and still a good leather but not what they were after. They were quite disappointed as you can see the wrinkles and grain on this thing is really cool.

I think it was Burt who once said the only jackets he ever saw with this type of character were Cow. Makes you wonder about whether this is really horse or cow. The Japanese tannery might have gave them cow instead of horse?

silvio76

They had a few predating victory hide. One was called Mark (something). These hides are long gone as options for future jackets. Best is finding one second hand and giving a makeover If you didn’t like the color. I have seen a dark seal one which looked good in pics

This hide came from a Japanese tannery which did not follow the specs BK gave them and the finish on the leather was wrong for their tastes. They made a few jackets out of those hides though. This is one of them. I am told it is HH and still a good leather but not what they were after. They were quite disappointed as you can see the wrinkles and grain on this thing is really cool.

I think it was Burt who once said the only jackets he ever saw with this type of character were Cow. Makes you wonder about whether this is really horse or cow. The Japanese tannery might have gave them cow instead of horse?
Thanks for your informations. I am not an expert for hide, so i can not tell you the answer on your question.

Greg Gale

How old is that Star? There seems to be some really cool fading at places, such as the collar and shoulder seams.

Thomas Koehle

Steve
B-Man2

Burt i`m absolutely with you!

I`m even 50 + and really would appreciate to once get a chance to hit such a person with my "flabby" arm ... - and like you also pointed out I experienced enuff humor and relaxed conversations which proofs people are pretty relaxed on the forum but first post with such comments is simply a...-hole behavior ...

Just my 2 cents

Last edited: