• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Griffon_301

Yes it is indeed...the jacket is their RW B-15... I wanted to do a late war Fighter jacket and as I was always intreagued by their exploits in the fall of 1944 and early 45 that patch was a natural choice...

Greg Gale

Yes it is indeed...the jacket is their RW B-15... I wanted to do a late war Fighter jacket and as I was always intreagued by their exploits in the fall of 1944 and early 45 that patch was a natural choice...

My secret plan is a Bob Dong B-10 with ELC's 487th patch for the same reason :) It's top notch quality I assume? (The patch, that is)

Wholenineyards

My secret plan is a Bob Dong B-10 with ELC's 487th patch for the same reason :) It's top notch quality I assume? (The patch, that is)
IMG_20181015_134747.jpg

The ELC patch works with any jacket, I believe. It is quite impressive. It may be of note that not a lot of citizens are familiar with B-10s/ B-15s or A-2s and/ or the 487th... wearing a patch with a baby shooting a machine gun may get you a look, depending on where you wear it...

Griffon_301

Well both are impressive...the jacket and the patch as well ... Actually I don't mind the looks...I have a B-10 configured as a 422nd NFS jacket and people have given me the looks with that one too...a patch with a bat showing its teeth, a knife and a pistol too is a sure way if ggetting some attraction

Wholenineyards

Is that an ELC 487th patch?
As I am rumbling through the attic, I present... my past... The 487th patch lives on, albeit in the 303rd Fighter Squadron, their lineage being Troop Transport, though..., ex-Richards-Gebaur-AFB now Whiteman AFB located. My uncle served as a SMSgt in the USAF and I used to visit them in Belton, MO. The base was not fenced in, as it was part of the municipal airport. I walked on in 19eightysomething (16 or 17 years old) and watched in awe as a four-ship A-10s returned in formation. A deep voice materialized "Ahhh, god's children are back..!" Turning around I kid you not, a guy, 6'2", flight suit, garrison cover and issued Randolphs, all the right patches and a yellow flying scarf with black A-10s... looking straight at the sky savoring the flight of his peers. This was more than 30 years ago but I remember every detail... I didn't know what I was talking about back then (today is even more debatable) but I nagged my aunt Trudy to organize a flight jacket... I think Cooper was the first company getting a contract, and aunt Trudy didn't get me an issue one... but this:
IMG_2797.JPG

Plus, Tante Trudy did impressive volumes of homemade Reese's peanut butter plates in the oven. Times of a life... I hope I didn't bore anybody.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Jup, colours are everything.... And jackets... colours and jackets.... And flying, looking at colours wearing jackets... I think you have all those things squared away

Yes, thats right. But.. autumn is still a time of fogs here, and beautiful trees are not always clearly visible, especially during take-off or landing there is no time to look out the window. Somehow it often looks like this picture from today morning.

Not very pretty, right? ;)
And if we climb higher, that there is a sun and a blue sky, but the earth is covered with autumn mist or clouds. For the beautiful views it need Cessna or something birds just as slow and able to fly low.
We are reaching the upper FLs too quickly.
The best time to contemplate the beauty of the earth from altitude is summer or winter. Therefore, it is better to photograph the yellow maples from the ground :)