• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Greg Gale

Actually, a lot of grain has popped out, at places it looks like it's decades old. So you say it's a good thing? Especially at the right inner elbow, I guess that's the arm I move more? (No Dong jokes, please :D ) Here's a pic of the right sleeve as well as a pocket flap.

IMG_1494.JPG
IMG_1495.JPG

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Actually, a lot of grain has popped out, at places it looks like it's decades old. So you say it's a good thing? Especially at the right inner elbow, I guess that's the arm I more more? (No Dong jokes, please :D ) Here's a pic of the right sleeve as well as a pocket flap.

View attachment 10500 View attachment 10501

Same story with my Star. She very quickly develops grain.
I'll be back home tuesday and take some pics of mine post-season for comparison.

stanier

Actually, a lot of grain has popped out, at places it looks like it's decades old. So you say it's a good thing? Especially at the right inner elbow, I guess that's the arm I move more? (No Dong jokes, please :D ) Here's a pic of the right sleeve as well as a pocket flap.

View attachment 10500 View attachment 10501

Are those pics of your ELC Star Greg? Mine is having grain pop out all over the place too. I’m very very pleased with it.

If the pics are of your Star your stitching looks khaki coloured in the pics but mine is a red brown.?

Greg Gale

Yes, it is mine. According to the ELC site it's supposed to be havana brown, which it is. I took those pics under a strange, artificial light.

Rutger

Since I wrecked the zipper of the BR L-2B a couple weeks ago, I am now often wearing the L-2. It actually logged like 20 minutes of flight time today. Autumn is unusually warm here, so the MA-1 and B-15's are still on their hangers.

Thomas Koehle

been to the small lake about an hour from my current house today the last time before I finally get back home to Germany in about 5 weeks

even here in Mexico autumn arrived and it is getting colder so the B10 was a good choice

Y5MeY9v.jpg

"MONTEJO" beer random ballcap from the next gas-station (less than 5 bucks)

BRONSON B10 in size XXL / 44

Pike Brothers Roamer pants

Redwing "Spirit Lake Boot" made for INDIAN size 12 (I usually wear RedWings in 11.5 but that particular model is available in even sizes only)

TIES - yes I know you`d recognize that "pinkie" thing in my right hand in an instant - that`s the bat to throw my 3 dogs their tennis-balls :)

Griffon_301

B6 weather here today...combined with Aero A-10 gloves in russet and my working trousers (as I am night shifting today at the airport. B6 is the Eastman RW contract B6 patched up with the Blakesleewaffe 4th FG ELMC patch

Attachments

• 20181021_172412.jpg
    20181021_172412.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 257

MeachamLake

B6 weather here today...combined with Aero A-10 gloves in russet and my working trousers (as I am night shifting today at the airport. B6 is the Eastman RW contract B6 patched up with the Blakesleewaffe 4th FG ELMC patch

Awesome :D We need to start a B-6 appreciation club!

Griffon_301

Thanks for the compliments :)
And yes...that club sounds like a great idea!
Having a B3 and an Irvin as well, I wanted something lighter to wear and the B6 is just perfect for that purpose. I am thinking about putting together a short review of it as I was wearing it during my trip to Duxford in September and found it perfect for the prevailing weather conditions...and it looks great as well :) I got quite some compliments for it in London and Duxford and I do love that jacket :))

Greg Gale

Not at the moment, it's a throwback to 2016. I just remembered this photo reading the new sheepskin thread. In Hungary we do get chilly winter days when it's perfectly OK to wear my WPG Irvin. Not a lot of such days, though. I certainly couldn't justify a grand sitting in the closet in the form of an ELC for the most part of the year.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited: