• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ software upgrade

Dany McDonald

Hello Nathan,

DNS resolve was still slow for me this morning (TTL & caches) and images a loading completely. Thank you for your work, appreciated!

D

Last edited:

Flightengineer

Even after emptying the cache and after a long time, the VLJ site loads slowly or unstably after the update, after each page refresh, a message appears from time to time stating that the server is unavailable:

Unable to access site The server IP address of www.vintageleatherjackets.org could not be found.
Run network diagnostics on Windows.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Enigma1938

Here's another issue after update. With my mobile phone and the mobile internet everything works fine, but with Wi-Fi at home the website is not available or an error occurs. Tried everything, restarted this, rebooted that ... but nothing worked until now.

mulceber

Hey, I was just chatting with @Smithy, who’s in Northern Norway, and he said he hasn’t been able to get on the VLJ for days. Occasionally it’ll work for a few minutes, but it then he gets a message saying "This site can't be reached...DNS address could not be found.”

Flightengineer

Hey, I was just chatting with @Smithy, who’s in Northern Norway, and he said he hasn’t been able to get on the VLJ for days. Occasionally it’ll work for a few minutes, but it then he gets a message saying "This site can't be reached...DNS address could not be found.”

I have the same situation, but I SOMETIMES manage come in. Also, even if I'm already here, then often switching to another thread everything disappears and I see this message :(

tjoenn

Weird... I'm also in Norway and I have not had any issues, and I'm on here several times a day.

ButteMT61

I've had no issues here, but if you can't get in, make sure you preface the link with www or even better, use this link https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/
If you still have issues, then routing is likely pointing to an IP and is not resolving...should get sorted in time.
Wife just went through this on one of here sites. Took about a week to settle.

D97x7

Spoke to soon :( Screenshot_20201120_073643_com.android.chrome.jpg

Saint-ex

With my mobile phone and the mobile internet everything works fine, but with Wi-Fi at home the website is not available or an error occurs.
I had the same issue until yesterday night.
This is typically a DNS propagation problem, it usually takes a few days and the speed depends on the service providers.