• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of my flight helmets and oxygen mask set ups

Edward

please do! I want to add to my collection and am not familiar with all the reference materials out there.

Carl

Sweetings 2 books Combat flying clothing and Combat flying equipment used by the USAAF
Class 13 Catalog
Personal equipment officers guide
with the one by Mathieu Banchi and these titles shown , they are my first go to reference

Edward

great just added all to my amazon cart... except Personal equipment officers guide. do you have more info on this one for me to look it up?

Edward

nevermind... I found it!
516g05Xp1nL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Carl

I was going to say , i have both copies of class 13 and the personal equipment guide as PDF files for down load

Edward

I was going to say , i have both copies of class 13 and the personal equipment guide as PDF files for down load
oh, well, I didn't place the order for the Class 13 and personal equipment guide. I just ordered the Combat flying clothing and Combat flying equipment used by the USAAF for now and kept the other two on save at amazon. but... I would love the PDFs if you don't mind!

dmar836

Hey. Ditto. If that’s an option.
Great shots of your collections, guys. Edward, I like that case you have the one setup in. Looks cool.
Dave

Edward

Hey. Ditto. If that’s an option.
Great shots of your collections, guys. Edward, I like that case you have the one setup in. Looks cool.
Dave
thanks. I really wanted a full plexiglass with no framing like this to see it better. it needs to be taller too like this one. its about $50 so I'll spring for it eventually.
DCP_7261.jpg

dmar836

I quit actively collecting several years back and was off and on before that. If I had focused I would have had quite a collection. Then again, I’m happy I have all the other interests too.
Finally found one of these I could afford. Not the greatest shape but a representative example as is all my collection.
AC0CC75F-FDD6-4095-A264-194F7F268FFB.jpeg

dmar836

I can see why you like the all plexus ine but the frames one looks more classy. Draws the eye and makes one think there is something old and valuable inside.
JMO
Dave

Edward

I quit actively collecting several years back and was off and on before that. If I had focused I would have had quite a collection. Then again, I’m happy I have all the other interests too.
Finally found one of these I could afford. Not the greatest shape but a representative example as is all my collection.

I've been eyeballing an AN-H-16 Shearling Flight Helmet with receivers but the one I found that's in great shape is $450. finding them is hard but getting them with the receivers still in them is even harder

addendum. I just looked at it and there is a large tear in the back repaired so not so great shape.