• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Some of my flight helmets and oxygen mask set ups

Edward

and to hijack yet another thread and to show just out of hand I'm getting I picked up a decent shape B-4 Two Suiter. now I can keep my WWII underwear somewhere authentic LOL! its missing the hanger but I was able to locate one for ten bucks! should be here this week.
IMG_1499-1.JPG
IMG_1500-1.JPG
IMG_1501-1.JPG

Edward

If you ever want to part with that !! Let me know !! Its right up my street as i collect AAF stationery !
interesting... I just bought some AAF stationary last night.
4 sheets of this:
s-l1600-9B.jpg

and this 1943 Flight pack!

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600-1.jpg

Carl

Dont start me on letterheads Edward !! I have a few to say the least !;).
That B4 case is the later type , being made from all canvas construction and the AAF contract beginning with 33-038 .
Hangars should be a wire constructing type i think there should be 4 or more ??

Brent

That B-4 bag is amazing. I had no idea they existed. Please keep sharing your collection guys.

Regards,

Carl

@Brent , @Edward A few pics of the 2 B4 bags i have , both are named and one still has the correct original hangars in place .
20180819_134414.jpg

20180819_134443.jpg

20180819_134656.jpg

20180819_134711.jpg

20180819_134929.jpg

The B4 produced by Canvas Products Corp details
upload_2018-8-19_13-55-42.png

The B4 from Lite MFG is a little bit more tricky to date as it only shows the order # and not the contract #
But ! knowing what the item is and its similarities to the one i can positively identify im pretty sure its from this contract ,
upload_2018-8-19_14-8-36.png

Last edited:

Edward

great bags Carl! now I know what to look for. the one I have is very common but usually in rough shape. So I was glad to have found a nice one albeit without the hangers.

Carl

great bags Carl! now I know what to look for. the one I have is very common but usually in rough shape. So I was glad to have found a nice one albeit without the hangers.
they are 2 super bags Edward , especially being named ;)

Carl

SELBY SHOE AC 3172 that contract was between 6/44 and 11/44 value of $804k ! and knowing that the A11 was procured at a price of $10 a piece in 1943 . That makes around 80,400 produced ! It was there biggest contract for the A11 . They had 3 contracts in total ( that im aware of )

Carl

Most A11's you see are Selby , but there are other makers J G Menihan , in my eyes the best made A11 of the lot , Swan Shoe , Bradley Goodrich ,Manchester Helmet , and Slote and Klein ( only the one contract )