• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Eastman A1s, A2’s, B-3s, B-6s, D-1s. Irvin’s. B-10s, B-15s, and Buzz Ricksons’ etc.

Nickb123

Whatever shortcomings there are with zips, accuracy, etc are made up with this lovely hide!

CD37DAB1-2262-4F05-A7EC-6DAEC75D7DBF.jpeg

Smithy

Nice D1!!!

...............its all relative!

............if this photo was posted on a footwear fashion forum, members would be saying, "cool shoes, but what's with the Grandpa jacket?"

Very true CBI ;-)

You lot make me laugh I’m 46 now and that’s how I roll bro

I'm 48 and have been told more than once by the better half that I should act my age. But should we?

And Mindful, if you're happy with what you wear and with what, that's all that matters. Sure some of us think that these old WWII jackets look better with old school shoes and boots but if you want to do it differently, then why the hell not.

Judging by your smile in the photo you posted you look pretty damn pleased and happy, and at the end of the day that's what it should be about. All this other mumbo-jumbo we talk and extrapolate about for thread after thread is irrelevant.

Be happy in your jacket regardless of footwear or anything else!

mindful

Very true CBI ;-)

I'm 48 and have been told more than once by the better half that I should act my age. But should we?

And Mindful, if you're happy with what you wear and with what, that's all that matters. Sure some of us think that these old WWII jackets look better with old school shoes and boots but if you want to do it differently, then why the hell not.

Judging by your smile in the photo you posted you look pretty damn pleased and happy, and at the end of the day that's what it should be about. All this other mumbo-jumbo we talk and extrapolate about for thread after thread is irrelevant.

Be happy in your jacket regardless of footwear or anything else!
No problem this post was from my Instagram which I was highlighting the D1 I have other shoes ww2 pump etc that I could match but I wasn’t trying to achieve that look,you guys have such knowledge on vintage and repro ww2 I look up to you guys

CBI

a sometimes annoyance with these forums, one posts something and then some other unexpected aspect of the post gets criticized. As soon as I saw the photo, I excepted someone to tell mindful to tuck his shirt in. That just the way many forums have become!!!!

.............and then the expected down the rabbit hole of wear what you like comments.

Wow Nick, a Vans tattoo..............

if mindful had worn "period" shoes/boots................well then it becomes a vintage costume with the jacket, vintage shirt, jeans, boots, etc.

anyway...............all in fun............

just clothes.................

917_k

No problem this post was from my Instagram which I was highlighting the D1 I have other shoes ww2 pump etc that I could match but I wasn’t trying to achieve that look,you guys have such knowledge on vintage and repro ww2 I look up to you guys

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a good look. I’ve been rocking my flight jackets recently with a pair of Air Max 90s, so don’t let anyone tell you what looks ‘right’ with these things.

mindful

For what it’s worth, I thought it was a good look. I’ve been rocking my flight jackets recently with a pair of Air Max 90s, so don’t let anyone tell you what looks ‘right’ with these things.
Thank you I enjoy my clothes not everyone will like everyone style Choices,I’ve seen what others wear and I wouldn’t comment on my thoughts, overanalyse others style choices is a bit low

jerome35

I really don't understand the need to express an opinion on the poor guy's shoes. Really beside the point on a Vintage Leather Jacket forum. Like all of us, @mindful has his own opinions about style and he doesn't need to hear what any of us would do differently. :rolleyes:

I second that! This forum is quite cheering, seeing many guys worldwide enjoying original styles and outfits, so let's keep it this way ;)

mindful

Couldn’t agree more and I think the snide remarks only push people away and do the forum no favours.
Couldn’t agree more and I think the snide remarks only push people away and do the forum no favours.
Thank you guys for the moral support appreciated, I haven’t even posted on VJL for years,for one minute I thought I shouldn’t have never put this post up but now I’m thinking actually it’s brought some true colours out that everyone can see.

I love a western

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY