• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about flying tigers patches!!

Shanghai-Mayne

I was talking "official" Chinese issue.

Yeah, the badge might be official, but the cap wasn't.

To those German-style caps, the German army advised and trained the Chinese army for a long time prior to WW2, so the influence shows.
National china air force was most noble in all three service, it is hard to believe they are willing to wear Army's cap……

JonnyCrow

I was talking "official" Chinese issue.

Yeah, the badge might be official, but the cap wasn't.

To those German-style caps, the German army advised and trained the Chinese army for a long time prior to WW2, so the influence shows.
Yep the Chinese army wore German helmets too

Erwin

A bit off-topic, found this recently, genuine Marion's jacket, cap, and holster...
112486023_1_x.jpg
112486023_2_x.jpg
112486023_3_x.jpg

112486023_4_x.jpg
112486023_5_x.jpg

112486023_6_x.jpg

112486023_11_x.jpg
112486023_12_x.jpg

112486023_14_x.jpg

Erwin

Definitely looks like my Swiss army cap, but also a little like my Gebirgsjäger cap -- short bill and all.
I assume the Austro-Hungarian army was the first who started to use that caps [just concept of design], fully agree that the main design pattern was taken from the mountain or ski caps.
If the badge on the left is real one, could easily ask 1400 US dollars.
This grouping was sold for 10K - cannot say anything regarding the pin's authenticity.

Shanghai-Mayne

If you are willing to pay at least 400 dollars, I am sure some one gonna sold you a real national china ski cap with cap badge In like new condition.