• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about flying tigers patches!!

Chandler

Here's one for everyone to ponder -- bought this "bandanna" off eBay some 20 years ago. I believe it was something given out at a reunion, but I don't really know.

What you can see on the lower left is 50% COTTON 50% POLY MADE IN USA RN16463©.
InKxJXf.jpg

JonnyCrow

Some were sold by the IMA antique dealer, quite a reputable one. Agree that without having hard evidence it is not possible to authenticate historical items. Feel free Chandler to pinpoint fakes, we can all learn from it.
International military antiques? Pffft if so I believe Craig Cockleib is involved with that, I wouldnt belolieve anything that comes out of his mouth and company he's a scammer notoriously so on military forums and a Eastern front grave robber!

Shanghai-Mayne

Sorry, Chandler it’s auto spell check, I mean exhibiting.
The museum is an official organization, they have obligation to lend out items to other organization. As result , they keep those modern fake items , in order to fulfill other’s requirements, and they can keep their good stuffs intact.

Cocker

Sorry, Chandler it’s auto spell check, I mean exhibiting.
The museum is an official organization, they have obligation to lend out items to other organization. As result , they keep those modern fake items , in order to fulfill other’s requirements, and they can keep their good stuffs intact.

Is this seriously something "normal" in China? The whole thing is ridiculous, from the whole concept of having to lend part of your collection to other organizations to then including modern/fake/repro items in your collection so you can screw up said other organizations...