• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about flying tigers patches!!

PeterShiao

he is the only one wearing this jacket I've even seen
sorry i was wrong !! this man's b10 jacket is from eastman leather and that patch is from original ww2 409th bomb SQ patches
punkpower76-20230603-0003.jpg

JonnyCrow

he is the only one wearing this jacket I've even seen
Yeah a rare bird Peter, I've never seen it and certainly not a white label with a dark collar, it's why I grabbed the early Buzz Rickson B10 painted Super Mouse, the unusual ones or one offs are worth collecting, you just don't see much of them

JonnyCrow

PeterShiao

Wo

Wow this jacket is discussed on the US militaria forum ans saying the guy got completely duped, the patch is a fake or copy made by old club badges, discussed here

i believe the patch i post later on the man's b10(eastman leather) is real original. his IG is punkpower76 you could check it out .

JonnyCrow

i believe the patch i post later on the man's b10(eastman leather) is real original. his IG is punkpower76 you could check it out .
But I will say that the guy that supplied it, didn't realise it was him, Andrew Butler has been supplying authentic insignia for a lot of years, so I don't know

Chandler

Hmm. Lost Worlds. That alone makes me skeptical.

I would bet those pins were custom and very few made -- if not only that particular set.

If you read up on the AVG, many of the members got personal items locally in Rangoon and Kunming. I think the only official piece of uniform you ever see them wearing is the Chinese army cap with the Chinese star badge on the front.