• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Micawber

Worn for about an hour...
IMG_20181113_134049600_HDR.jpg

Greg Gale

Is it just the photo or the waist knit is not distributed evenly? I assume it's just the photo. Looking great otherwise!

Pilot

Nicely made, one has to admit...even if quite even grainy.
Looking forward to see how it wears and gets patina.

Last edited:

Micawber

Labelled size 44"
Measurements [as supplied by Platon to me prior to sending:
pit to pit 23.5
shoulders 18.5
back 24.75
sleeve 25.75

Observations: Despite my lowly post count in this incarnation I've had and handled original and repro A-2's over quite a few years but as I said in my into / bio I tend toward keeping a low profile. The jacket is in the middle of the weight range, not heavy, not light. The hide is grainy, pliable and with an even finish. It will be interesting to see if / how it develops character in time. Labelled 44" the fit is very similar indeed to my current favourite GW - a 46" Star 18245-P although it feels feels lighter in the wearing.

I'll leave you to judge how well the garment stacks up against whatever you choose to compare it with [which admittedly are only from my phone]. Personally I think for a new jacket it is good value considering the cost.

Hope this is of interest.

Last edited: