• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Platon Dubow seal?

Brettafett

Certainly fantastic value for an 'original maker' horsehide A-2... Quality looks superb. If those dims work for you.... Cant really be beat!
The only thing I'd like to see is a slightly more pointed collar tip, but that based on photos... I have never seen an original Dubow in person, so this is only an opinion.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Nice Dubow repro. Excellent work (quality, seams etc.)
Both colours look interesting.
I like its russet colour possibly a little bit more.
P.S. The leather looks quite similar to Aero's Vicenza HH, doesn't it?

Last edited:

Otter

Nice colour, nice knits, winner, winner, chicken dinner !

You have got a good look looking jacket there.

Micawber

Confession.

I do feel somewhat guilty that I procured this example direct [via Greedbay] while others have been waiting for theirs to arrive given some were ordered quite a while ago.

Also, I will add that the fit is what I would term snug, not uncomfortable, not unwearable just snug. However that is purely down to my current impression of the Goodyear Blimp, if I ever loose the spare tyre it will be spot on. One good reason why you won't find me trying to do impressions of a 20 year old fighter jock :D

Micawber

Might as well upload these off the phone as well...
IMG_20181113_134010980_HDR.jpg
IMG_20181113_135007615_HDR.jpg

Micawber

Three sold, three positive feedbacks? That is a 100% satisfaction rate. You can work out the shipping timelines from the listings and the feedback dates. Nothing excessive at all.

If it's of any interest this pre made one was purchased via the Bay of E on Nov 3rd. In the post on the 8th. Left Greece on the 9th, arrived UK on the 11th. Delivered today the 13th. As the UK is still in the EU there was no outbound / inbound customs delays.

ausreenactor

Hells yeah. I have never had a Dubow contract. Mostly tied to the collar profile. Might have to correct that in the new year. Have saved the 'seller' and awaiting updates from eBay daily...

Officer Dibley

I'm in the UK so the distances are less and customs not applicable (at least while the UK is still in the EU) so a comparison is not really applicable.

Nope, nowhere near a good enough reason to Remain ! I'd rather Leave and pay the import tax for the amount of money i'll spend on overseas leather :D

Officer Dibley

Humour and mischief is what got us into this mess. Look at the clowns in government and laugh.

Not sure what "this mess" is. Other thsn the obfurcation of our treacherous PM.

MP's have no humour - only self interest. Be they local, national or European. But rather than complain, get elected and make a difference.

Politics done.

Southoftheborder

Not sure what "this mess" is. Other thsn the obfurcation of our treacherous PM.

MP's have no humour - only self interest. Be they local, national or European. But rather than complain, get elected and make a difference.

Politics done.

Oh dear, now it's treachery. An enemy of the people is she?

She's totally useless and incompetent like the rest of her government of the talentless. But treacherous? That the sort of inflammatory language the hard right Brexiteers love to use. It absolves them from the need to actually think.

You should not have brought politics into the thread in the first place.