• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One for the gun boys

tda003

They were feeling left out. All fully operational and legal.
M-1.M-1A, AR-15. SOS.jpg

tda003

The M-1 is completely original. Dates from 1944. Parts matching. No arsenal rebuild. It's Springfield Armory, which is fairly common, but not so much in untouched condition.

Smithy

Since @ausreenactor always poses with his stuff it is on me to hold against it :) :

my Thompson collection - all of them are deactivated according to German laws (6 caliber-size holes in the barrel, chamber welded solid, hardened bolt inserted through the barrelt and welded, pin cut, trigger mechanism welded solid)
meanwhile the already pretty restrictive gun-laws here in Germany are getting more and more strict and even magazines are restricted which wasn't the fact before

anyway - last time i bought a deact was years ago - they simply get too expensive and since DENIX is a acceptable alternative i'd rather go with their products

the M1928 on the top was part of a "lend lease" delivery to Russia - the gun was literally brandnew untouched when i got it - the story behind is the vessel with guns, belts, magpouches 'n stuff arrived in Russia in time but the vessel carrying the .45 ammo was sunk by the kriegsmarine - true or not?

M1 and M1A1 (used bt Tom Hanks in SPR) and the earlier models like M1921 or M1928 (Chicago Typewriter) are easy to distinguish with the location of the cocking handle which is on the top on the 1921 and 1928 models and on the right side on the M1 and M1A1 models

On the very bottom is a DENIX repop which i modified to look more realistic

xrrZxTg.jpg

Been reading a bit lately about my countrymen in the war and was intrigued to find out that Kiwi infantry units carried a higher ratio of Tommy guns than other forces, even US. Apparently us Kiwis were very enamoured with them and they were obtained en masse for us.

It explains why in any photo of a bunch of Kiwi soldiers in Italy by 1944, a good chunk of them are carrying Thompsons.

ausreenactor

Been reading a bit lately about my countrymen in the war and was intrigued to find out that Kiwi infantry units carried a higher ratio of Tommy guns than other forces, even US. Apparently us Kiwis were very enamoured with them and they were obtained en masse for us.

It explains why in any photo of a bunch of Kiwi soldiers in Italy by 1944, a good chunk of them are carrying Thompsons.

Part Kiwi and I have two Thompson SMGs. Checks out!

ausreenactor

She's a gem! Fully functional?
Now I have the cosmoline out of the barrel, yes!

Bought it to get back into competition shooting. Will have to see how it shoots. Barrel looks brand new. Very excited. That barrel marking is about as crisp as it can get. Have 16lbs of rifle propellant and found about five pounds of pistol powder which will go a long way. 3.0 gr of AS-30N will make a 9mm Lucerne go bang!

Will take some pics. Expect 'Jacko' to win. He is the Australian Military 3P National Title holder.

tda003

Kimber makes a very fine 1911. I have owned several. I currently use a custom made Mossberg 12 gauge sawed off (and with the ATF paperwork) loaded with #7 birdshot. cures worrying about penetrating walls to hurt an innocent and the bad guy will have souvenir shot pellets to pick out of his carcus forever, assuming survival.